Where do i stand, dodgy wheel company

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
too busy eating a sarnie & dialling a number on his mobile (sorry)

but really I wouldn't expect a 1.4ton car to hit anything with that amount of KE & not put the energy somewhere.

andycupra

status subject to change
claudefrog said:
mate.. not being funny.. but you did hit a traffic cone base at 75mph, its like hitting a small concrete slab, they are not just 'plastic' they are bloody heavy and hard.

I think its down to you to fix IMO :)

exactly as i was going to say.

they are a bit like a small curb. (the bottom of them are hard!)

my advice would be to drive around cones in future.

you may just have to take this one on the chin.

i had an 18" alloy do worse than that, its amazingly easy to do.

Diablo559

Diablo
Mar 1, 2005
N.Ireland
i have heard that copied wheels like rs4 you know all the ones are total rubbish to soft an alloy but then i did have a set of dare v2 s genuine ones on my last car and they were not up to much tyre started going down cause there was a defect in the rim to be fair to the company that sold them to me they gave me a new set

bucky boy

mk3 ibiza cupra owner
Jan 27, 2005
scotland
was pretty much in the same boat mate had a set of 17 inch multi spokes from 100+ and when changing one of the tyres approx 8 month later a hair line was noticed in the inner side of the wheel.Only due to me threatening with the trading standards and having a mate in that side of work got a new wheel a month later.:D

andycupra

status subject to change
ChrisUK said:
And the moral of the story is...................Don't buy alloy's off ebay !!!

I found a cheap place when I got some for my last car, http://www.rochfordtyres.co.uk/ - they were dirt cheap & helpful too !

or drive around traffic cones in future...

this is an increasingly common thing.

wheels are getting bigger, tyre profiles smaller, suspension harder...
roads worse...

it all adds up to more energy going through wheels with less protection.