Where to get a leather armrest?

heatfan8

Insert witty comment here
Dec 2, 2008
Berkshire
I have just got a lovely full black leather, full electric interior for my leon. I fitted a mk4 golf cloth armrest with the old interior, but now want a leather one to match. Any ideas on where to get one? I dont really fancy spending loads of wonga on a new one though!

Cheers, Andy

mALLA

Apr 19, 2006
Sussex
There are two types of armrests available to you.

A cloth version which i know you dont want and a leather one.

I am unsure on the exact part number for the leather but price wise (undiscounted) the cloth is 115 inc vat (1m0061100g) and the leather version is 145inc vat.

Now there are a few naughty people on here that will lead you to believe that you cant buy it as a single unit (TT shop wanted £355 for a cloth one ~ utter joke), but you can ~ kit includes main centre unit (pad and base) and brackets / screws everything you need for fitment. I fitted mine about 2 weeks ago ~ best thing i ever did. Ring a Seat main dealer, i have fone numbers if you need a good one.

You will have to cut out your rear coin tray with a standing knife to fit the armrest, which is easy to do providing its sharp and your patient. The bracket fits under neath the plastic centre console with three bolts and pokes out the top of the coin tray. You will then need to attach the top piece which is a d lock and screw (in the kit obiously) just make sure that it engages properly into the bracket or the screw will not properly go all the way in and obstrude the ash tray.

PM for advice.

heatfan8

Dec 2, 2008
Berkshire
Thanks mALLA........I have already got the bracket etc in my car so cutting the console and fitting the bracket isn't an issue. Now I have got an armrest, I don't want to be without one! Such an improvement! Only problem with my one is that obviously because it is from a golf, it doesnt allow for the easiest access to the handbrake! I think I will try and source a second hand one...the interior with door cards only cost me £225 so £145 for the armrest is a bit much I fear!

ben652

Dec 9, 2007
hartlepool
dont buy that off ebay its a copy there are crap i have one the are made of cheap plastic and rocks about to much .dosnt feel solid feels like it going to snap get a mk 4 golf one there solid as a rock no movememt at all

heatfan8

Dec 2, 2008
Berkshire
thanks ben! Guess its off to the scrappy for me! Anyone know of any in norwich? I have just moved up here for uni so have no idea if there are any good scrappys here lol

Gordz

Caught The Mod Bug Again!
May 31, 2007
North East
Hmmm, may have to think again about the cheap ebay option then! I just assumed that if it looked the same and fitted same it should be fine!

They don't turn up that often in scrappies, they're either the first thing to go, or they sell the armrest with the whole interior only.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members