which clay? i have searched!

az_mk

Ive only gone and dun it!
Apr 25, 2007
Milton keynes!
Going to give this clay malarky out just wanted to ask for you recomendations, i was going to order some megs quick clay but cleanyourcar co uk was out of stock are there any other ones worth buying, prefferably under 20 quid and hopefully one which cleanyourcar stocks as they take paypal!
its an 05 plate festa i will be claying do i go for the mild stuff?

I've just been trying out the Pinnacle Ultra Poly clay from Ron at Motor Geek, and have to say after all the different clays I've used this is hands down the best ever, being a Poly its not affected by the heat or cold like most others, its very gentle and doesn't mar but will also when pushed rip off the bad contamination that is normally left behind with stuff like the Sonus Green.

I'll be switching over permanently to the Poly clay very soon :), Ron will if you contact him also take paypal :)

ikhlaq206

Its all about the .:R
Jul 25, 2006
Meguiars do the the clay starter kit with fine clay bar and detailing spray, i have used that and the Sonus fine clay bar both v good

get em form cleanyourcar or polished bliss

as Reg said use a fine clay bar

CleanYourCar

Now I'm dissapointed with lack of links to my site ;)

For very mild contamination and no risk of marring the Sonus Green is the best on the market.

My all round favourite clay is the Clay Magic Kit Blue Clay. Clay Magic hold all the US patents so you know it's the best. I have been trialling a few un-branded clays and have finally choosen a yellow elasti clay like the Pinnacle which does everything very well.

FinerDetails

Official SCN Supporter
Now I'm dissapointed with lack of links to my site ;)

For very mild contamination and no risk of marring the Sonus Green is the best on the market.

My all round favourite clay is the Clay Magic Kit Blue Clay. Clay Magic hold all the US patents so you know it's the best. I have been trialling a few un-branded clays and have finally choosen a yellow elasti clay like the Pinnacle which does everything very well.

Hi Tim

I've used the pinnacle ones - both green and yellow. And also the grey clays. As Gary says the pinnacle poly ones are very good, and have a home in my van too, but if you want me to trial one and report back - more than happy mate. ;) The Pinnacle Ones are better than the Sonus, the green bar being so soft yet able to remove surprising amounts.

I have been trialling a few un-branded clays and have finally choosen a yellow elasti clay like the Pinnacle which does everything very well.

Arrrr now you mention a new clay, you need to be banned especially after you talk about it once I've placed an order :censored::censored::censored:

OK next order if I forget, email me reminding me I said I want one of these yellow elasti clays :whistle:

CleanYourCar

I buy my clay from ebay, its only £7. And I never buy 'detailing spray', just use soapy water as the lube! Works for me anyway. Can't comment on how much difference you get with the above mentioned products, but i'm always very very impressed with the one I always buy:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SONUS-DETAILI...ryZ72201QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

I sell the same clay, but the Sonus Grey does leave marring which requires machine polishing which is why I hadn't reccomended it.

Sonus Grey Pkg/1

I'm doing 3 bars + box for £12.95 also

I really need to set up an ebay site just to undercut them :headhurt:

CleanYourCar

i ended up buying magic clay off ebay seemed a fair price... worth a bash anyway, thanks for your advice!

I couldn't find any on ebay, but if you got the grey that is bundles with the clay magic lube you will need to polish to remove the marring .

dabossman

May 18, 2006
Surrey
I couldn't find any on ebay, but if you got the grey that is bundles with the clay magic lube you will need to polish to remove the marring .

Going to have a go at getting rid of my many swirls hopefully this if not next weekend. Have had a look on ur site which gives a great guide but was just wondering which products do you recommend for each for the 3 stages. (bit thick but take it i have to clean the car first). Regards to claying should i do this after?

az_mk

Ive only gone and dun it!
Apr 25, 2007
Milton keynes!

used the magic clay today.. no marring now mess spot on in fact! overall well impressed and now i am no longer a clay virgin! wooohooo!

CleanYourCar

used the magic clay today.. no marring now mess spot on in fact! overall well impressed and now i am no longer a clay virgin! wooohooo!

Superb! It is the best kit in my opinion on the market.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise