Which clutch is in my Cupra?

James St Patrick

Jan 2, 2019
West Midlands
Hey guys, ordering a clutch for my Cupra PD160 BPX, I've heard the flywheels are different as there are 2 different clutches for these, it's a 6 speed manual 2004 Cupra PD160 Ibiza, I'm only asking because the clutch on this is well slipping like death so wanna swap it out.

I'm either going down the route of Sasch or LUK, I dunno how these clutches are to do with the Cupra but on my Audi I had an LUK and that thing was awesome for a stock OEM replacement thing.

Any help would be awesome as I'm getting it ready to swap it on Monday.

I'm keeping the DMF on the car unless anyone can find me a FULL SMF swap and clutch for under £200 (trade discount helps a lot when buying car parts for me, that's how I'm getting it so cheap)

James St Patrick

Jan 2, 2019
West Midlands
Personally I'd go LUK. Which I've got on my Cupra. I've heard mixed reviews of Sachs.

No worries man, I'll order it sometime soon, gotta replace the springs first as one has snapped, then it's onto changing the clutch. Car still drives, just slips like hell under boost. So granny the thing around for a little, lol, worse case it stops moving. Lol, best case it lasts till it's next over Stafford for a replacement one to be fitted.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise