Which DSG remap with Revo Stage 1?

Tara

Jan 21, 2008
Bournemouth
I know its been touched on before but has anyone with a revo stage 1 had the tcu done as well ? Also would anyone recommend TVS to go with it instead of the revo map as I've heard good things about them ? Thanks in advance

Slickric21

Feb 23, 2019
Norfolk
TVS apparently compliments Revo ECU very well.

I don’t know many who have had Revo TCU on the 7 speed, but the 6 speed version was not highly rated.
That’s put me off getting Revo TCU with my Revo Stg1.
(I’ve got 7 speed)

Currently I have a custom DSG tune from Avon tuning, it’s just a basic one that raises clamping pressures and quickens shift speeds.
Stock shift points are still retained, so it has all the annoyance of the stock DSG software for driveability.

I toy with the idea of going TVS also every now and then as it’s highly rated.
My local dealer is TVS and Revo and they recommended Revo ECU and TVS TCU so make of that what you will

Tara

Jan 21, 2008
Bournemouth
TVS apparently compliments Revo ECU very well.

I don’t know many who have had Revo TCU on the 7 speed, but the 6 speed version was not highly rated.
That’s put me off getting Revo TCU with my Revo Stg1.
(I’ve got 7 speed)

Currently I have a custom DSG tune from Avon tuning, it’s just a basic one that raises clamping pressures and quickens shift speeds.
Stock shift points are still retained, so it has all the annoyance of the stock DSG software for driveability.

I toy with the idea of going TVS also every now and then as it’s highly rated.
My local dealer is TVS and Revo and they recommended Revo ECU and TVS TCU so make of that what you will
Thanks and is that Bognor Motors by any chance ?

Aug 17, 2021
I don’t think you need to bother with a tcu remap with a stage 1.

Not all stage 1 tunes are created equal

Some stay within the tolerances of the gearbox but others boost the torque over it

IIRC the 6 speed is rated to 450NM so a 500NM map needs a TCU update

Either way when I had my stage 1 done without the TCU the shift points were all over the place, not matched to the engine at all. I also had clutch slip in 4th gear on the drive home on the motorway which was a bit unsettling on a DSG lol

After the TCU update the shift points felt like stock again, no more clutch slip, and as a bonus raised the rev limit to 7k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tara

Jan 21, 2008
Bournemouth
Not all stage 1 tunes are created equal

Some stay within the tolerances of the gearbox but others boost the torque over it

IIRC the 6 speed is rated to 450NM so a 500NM map needs a TCU update

Either way when I had my stage 1 done without the TCU the shift points were all over the place, not matched to the engine at all. I also had clutch slip in 4th gear on the drive home on the motorway which was a bit unsettling on a DSG lol

After the TCU update the shift points felt like stock again, no more clutch slip, and as a bonus raised the rev limit to 7k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Which one did you go for ?

Butty

Sep 7, 2018
I never bothered with a DSG tune on a Stage 1 for my 280 but almost always drive in Sport manual, so I have control over shifting. When I do let the box take the strain then it does do some odd changes and is generally clunky.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members