Which Leon FR to choose....

uniamboman

Hi all

I am looking at buying the Leon FR 2.0 TFSi.

There are some available in standard spec with DSG, Feb 2008 '57 reg, from a Seat dealer for £11,999, pre-registered with less than 10 miles on the clock (delivery mileage).

I have also found one being sold privately, '58 plate, manual transmission, in Yellow - the guy would accept £11,000. Has (from memory) approx 2600 miles on the clock. The seller won it in a competition.

Which would you choose??

I had my heart set on DSG, but now I'm torn. Yellow wouldn't also be my first colour choice out of them all, but would have to see it in the flesh I guess.

Neither have Bluetooth pack factory fitted. I have seen the Retrofit OEM Bluetooth Guide, which seemed like the way to go if needed, but VRStu emailed me back saying that it would be big money and hassle to purchase and get installed the large MFD in the instrument cluster, as Seat only fit this in the factory to cars with the Bluetooth pack specified.

Your thoughts and advice appreciated. Thanks.

Al

Aug 29, 2005
***, £11999 seems a great price.

I would go for the (new) DSG and fit a Parrott Bluetooth kit which is very good. They can be had for £100-200 fitted.

I agree. Seems like a great price.

Just wonder why the car has been registered for a year and never been used. Seems a bit strange although I am sure there would be no problems with the car.

Retrofitting bluetooth, although possible, is not at all straight forward.

uniamboman

Thanks for the replies, the DSGs are available from ******* St Albans (www.*******.co.uk).

Although I know Parrot kits are very good, having seen some people with the MFD3 RNS-510 fitted in the Leon, with the bluetooth linked in so you have touch screen speed dials, I want that so badly!! I'm a gadget guy you see...

Hmmm decisions decisions....

The perfect thing would be to see if ******* can source a DSG FR, with delivery mileage, including factory fitted Bluetooth - I've sent an email off to them....

Please keep the replies coming, thanks.

uniamboman

Oh, not sure why the dealer's name and website has been blanked out, I presume to stop unwanted advertising.

Seat Jambo

Hi,

I bought a pre-reg '07 FR DSG from the same garage as you are mentioning in May 2008 and I could not recommend them any more, and I came down from Edinburgh to collect it!

I got them to throw in mud flats, mats and a full tank of fuel as well and they also carried out the first service before I collected the car as it was 10 months old, although it had only done 11 miles when I collected it.

I did have a problem with a wing mirror cover but they were happy for me to send them pictures and agreed to pay for a replacement up here. You will know the history of the dealer car and it will be easier to sell in the future than a yellow model.

Let me know if you have any questions.

jcp

Dec 18, 2008
Herts
My 07 Fr Tfsi Dsg came from the same people in october -it is a june 07 car and their service and parts people are really good to deal with. I know them as *******. Well worth looking there

uniamboman

Hmm still trying to decide on this one guys.... Saw a standard Leon in yellow on the motorway yesterday and from the rear it didn't look good, but looked good from the front. Looked like a big yellow blob from behind.

The FR has the black area at the rear, which breaks up the yellow colour, so looks better than standard Leon luckily.

Do people like the yellow FR? General consensus??

Can get it for a bargain price, which would give me more money to spend on buying and installing the MFD3 sat nav touch screen unit, plus OEM Bluetooth.

Advice needed! Thanks.

rllmuk

Apr 23, 2005
You can get the yellow one for a bargain price as it's yellow. Come selling time you'll get less for it again, but if you're going to keep for a while and it's what you like it matters not what anyone else thinks!

Personally I'd hold out for a DSG equipped car with bluetooth in any colour other than yellow, they're very good ;)

jcp

Dec 18, 2008
Herts
Buggery? Hmmmm...... Well everyone to their own! I'm told it makes your eyes water at first but I suppose you may get used to it.
I chose red but nearly went for yellow.

chrisboyle999

MFD3 for sale, inbox me.
Nov 28, 2006
Geordieland
but your alpine unit wont give you;

cruise control diallights,
low washer fluid warnings,
door/boot open indications,
the fascility to change comfort options,
last caller details,
missed caller details,
sat nav directions,
cd track details,
low tyre pressure warning

etc, etc.

so much more than bluetooth....

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
You can get the yellow one for a bargain price as it's yellow. Come selling time you'll get less for it again, but if you're going to keep for a while and it's what you like it matters not what anyone else thinks!

sorry m8 have to correct you on this 1 , not that i am biased lol
the yellow seats will hold their money just as well as any other colour in the range ,
Yellow on SEATs is the done thing as white was to honda intergras.

dont let the colour put you off.

NickP

Apr 23, 2003
Colchester, Essex
Visit site
the yellow seats will hold their money just as well as any other colour in the range ,

I'm pretty friendly with my Seat dealer, he told me they actively try not to buy in Yellow, due to the difficulties moving them on, and as such value them accordingly.

Had the same problem when trying to sell my Imola Yellow S3, but because it wasn't new I'd saved when buying it because of the colour :)

rllmuk

Apr 23, 2005

Last time I checked autotrader they hadn't - for example yellow mk2 cupras were around a grand less than any other colour. The gap will be smaller later on granted.

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
I'm pretty friendly with my Seat dealer, he told me they actively try not to buy in Yellow, due to the difficulties moving them on, and as such value them accordingly.

Had the same problem when trying to sell my Imola Yellow S3, but because it wasn't new I'd saved when buying it because of the colour :)

when i asked my seat dealer about a yellow 1 he was told the boss wouldnt let him buy them in , so i asked what was the most poplular colour? to which he replied "grey" , so i asked him what colours he tends to buy in guess what he said? "grey" ,

think dealers are too scared of bright colours , saying that not seen 1 of those green coloured mixtures on the road yet?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise