Which Sat Nav replacement for 2001(Y) V5?

Seether

Hi, I've recently bought a 2001 (UK Y-Reg) Seat Toledo V5 (170ps). This model had as standard a Blaupunkt non-DX sat nav unit which is kaput and needs replacing. At the time of purchase, neither the dealer nor myself knew it was faulty, we just thought it needed recoding (but there is actually damage to one of the circuit boards), which means I need to source a replacement which thankfully, the dealer will reimburse me for.

I've been looking on ebay and have noticed that there are many VW/Skoda/Ford units which are essentially all the same thing as the one I had fitted (expect these on ebay are DX models). I need to know which ones will just slot in and work in my car without any messing around. I've still got the GPS attenae on my roof also.

Should I buy a 'D' model or a 'G' - is there any issue with the later G model on this year of car?

Thanks for any help.

Seether

Cheers mate, that clears things up a bit. Also, I keep hearing that these things need a 'Plug and Play Adaptor'. Should I already have one of those if I used to have a sat nav fitted?

EMSCUPRA

my 170ps v5 has the same one,if you want one pm me and we will sort something out, i never ever use mine so would be happy to sort something out for you

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.