Which starter motor?

Headsnap

Aug 14, 2014
Oxfordshire
My starter motor connector has snapped inside the plug next to the solenoid and I’ve been trying to find out which starter motor I need to replace it. The trouble is I don’t know what power mine is and how many teeth until I take it out and I can’t take it out until I get home and have a new one ready to fit (I need the car and my bodge fix will last until then). I’ve called my local SEAT dealer to get a part number and they’ve given me 2; 02M911023X and 02M911023FX. One is the 1.1kW and the other is 2kW with a choice of 10 or 11 teeth.

It’s for a FML gearbox - does anyone know what starter motor I need?
Cheers

DandyAndy

Oct 14, 2021
Just had a look on ETKA and the part numbers are for the same starter. On the 1st February 2018, part number 02M911023X was dropped with a compatible replacement of part number 02M911023FX. They are 1.1 KW, no mention of the number of teeth.
A quick search of ebay shows many sellers listing both numbers for the same starter motor at around £70 to £90. Email a seller with your VIN and they can look it up to be sure its the right one. By the way, Etka is showing the current price is £353 from the dealers :oops: . Suggest ebay is the way to go!

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
As far as i know the gearbox is irrelevant mate, i'm 99.999% sure all AUQ's have the same flywheel.

Eurocarparts have a lucas brand for £122 (plus an £40 surcharge, that you get back when you take them your old one)

Or a Bosch one for £150 (plus an £85 surcharge)

Headsnap

Aug 14, 2014
Oxfordshire
Thanks guys, massive help. Yeah the stealers told me the same price, they’re living up to their name 🤣

I’ve had the battery tray out today and from the last repair that was done (cut off the connector and crimp a spade onto it) I could cut the spade connector down and jam it into the solenoid female end plug housing and the motor still works, but the connector falls out after each drive. So at least I have a work around and now it seems I just have to replace the solenoid and fit a new proper connector to the cable from the relay.
Next question is, does anyone have any idea which new female connector I need? I can’t seem to find anything anywhere.

Cheers

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.