Which tyers are you all running on your LCR

Sep 18, 2009
Shropshire
After all the roads are so bad I cant justify paying £150 plus per corner if I have to fit a new one every month plus I have had some very good budgets in the past and if they are crap for £40 each I can learn from a mistake!

If the roads are bad then I can't see budgets being of any help, unless your talking snow, then there all pretty useless.

heggie

Jul 1, 2012
Ross-on-Wye
If the roads are bad then I can't see budgets being of any help, unless your talking snow, then there all pretty useless.

The reason I was thinking of something cheaper was should another pot hole take out another expensive one I wont be to happy. Was also interested to know exactly what this tyre information stuff where they rate them on fuel economy and wet breaking actually means? I have seen a couple of budget sets that actually score better then just about all the main brands and for half the price.

I know this doesnt actually mean they will perform like that but at the end of the day this is not a track car. I think I have made up my mind though and I will go with the Uniroyal as I have been happy with these for the last few years. 195/50/15 was a hell of a difference in price lol

bunj

Toyo proxes T1R's fantastic tyre and they look great. approx £90 a corner.

LCR64

I m just the cook.
Mar 24, 2006
Ultrac Sessantas, previously used Goodyears, but can gauge the limit of grip better with the Vreds especially with esp off. There was a deal online recently for around £94 delivered.

Wraithlcr

Well if you are on **** wages and have a mortage and kids

BCT tyre's and not to be sniffed at, recently had four tyres and tracking done for £240 inc vat

Excellent tread pattern look mean as fook from the back

Wraithlcr

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay

BCT tyre's and not to be sniffed at, recently had four tyres and tracking done for £240 inc vat

Wraithlcr

As long as the tread pattern is cool, you can be recognised when it goes hedge hunting from the rear lol

heggie

Jul 1, 2012
Ross-on-Wye

Wraithlcr

Thats what I mean and to be fair I have driven some cars with some proper expensive top end brands on and some were crap! What I cant understand is why some of the cheaper ones actually score better than most premium brands.

On the flip side I have also had some crap budgets before but when your only paying £50 per corner you know not to use them again.

ReDBull

Every day's a school day.
Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
The problem with budged tyre is you can't safely use your cars performance. If you can't afford decent tyres for your car I'd question whether you car afford to run an LCR at all. I don't want to sound like anyone's Dad but its your life as well as other that's at risk.

hyphon12

Daft Member
Jun 7, 2011
Scottish Borders
The problem with budged tyre is you can't safely use your cars performance. If you can't afford decent tyres for your car I'd question whether you car afford to run an LCR at all. I don't want to sound like anyone's Dad but its your life as well as other that's at risk.

This is exactly what I think, hence why I run Continental SportContacts on my LCR. I bought it with Fullrun (more like s***run) tyres on the front and the difference is night and day.

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members