Which type of petrol?

Mar 20, 2009
Largs Scotland
Just a curious question to the Cupra owners out there! Which type of fuel are you guys using atm im just using the regular unleaded but i was thinking about changing to shell vpower cos theres 1 sort of close by me that is pretty cheap i cant remember the exact price but ill find out soon!

So basically is it worth paying the extra cash for the super?

Around me the VPower is 6-7p more expensive than regular - My Mk3 was given a custom map whilst running VPower so I always ran mine on it to save any possibility of det occuring.

You prob won't notice remarkable differences running it, although I testify that I noticed my GlanzaV running like a dog on 95RON but Jap cars are mapped to run on 100RON which is generally the standard over there, but then it used to retard a bit using tesco 99 when I wasn't around a shell garage!

tkjeeves

Blue
Jul 13, 2008
oxford
if you're planning on filling up at the Shell on a regular basis even if you use their normal stuff, sign up to their Driver's Club card, save some pennies on the money back. Just a thought...

robepton

Practical performance!!!!
Dec 27, 2008
peterborough
if you're planning on filling up at the Shell on a regular basis even if you use their normal stuff, sign up to their Driver's Club card, save some pennies on the money back. Just a thought...

Dam right. It's free money. You get extra vouchers as well and you get a v-power club card if you fill up with enough v-power in a quarter.

I think there's quite a difference but you have to be running it for a couple of hundred mile before ya notice. My mpg soon goes down as well if i use supermarket stuff.

NickyJam

FR - gone, not forgotten
Mar 17, 2008
SW LONDON
as above, and iirc whatcar/topgear run some tests about this and there was no noticeable difference between them...apart from how vpower should keep the engine running cleaner but pretty hard to tell

ljpacey

aka captin slow!!
Jan 19, 2009
i use vpower and theres no difference (mpg is a lot better) but i herd its better for turbo cars as well, plus i got my top of range Driver's Club card :). its up to you matey

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
When switching to higher octain fuel you wonte see/feel the benifits immediately as the ECU will have to adapt to the fuel first.

The reason VPower is more expensive than the likes of TESCO99 is the detergents used in it - VPower does make a dif I think to the "running" but maybe not the power -- As I say my old cupra was custom remapped on the RR running VPower so the way I saw it the map (even though safe limits were set in it, touch rich here and there) was mapped for 99RON so to save any chance of det in dif load/weather conditions I ran it all the time, when I ran other petrol when I couldn't get any Vpower (there was a wee period where no Shell stations had it) the car felt funny, felt lumpy on TESCO99.

tkjeeves

Blue
Jul 13, 2008
oxford
i did a stretch of Tesco 99 and i feel feel the car pickup better, less hesitation from standstill and smoother idle, also a touch better MPG (not much to make a real big difference) but i switch to normal Shell with Driver Club because of the cash flow...

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.