Which tyre would you choose?

nd-photo.nl

Mar 6, 2012
The Netherlands
www.nd-photo.nl
I dont think the F1 are a bad choice. Also the user reviews sound good. Purely based on tyrereviews.co.uk I would personally choose the F1.

[edit]
MR OCD is right, the user reviews are based on lots of different cars, we alle drive the same car here more or less. Only our driving styles differ

Last edited:

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
Never used the Assy's i used the F1's

All i know is i can really push my car wet or dry to the point the epc light had a fit the other day to back me off

Allan_84

Apr 11, 2010
Denmark
im not sure of the price, but you can do a seach on them where you buy your tyres.
i have continental sportcontact 5 (225/40-18) on my leon, and would recommend them to all who ask. befor i have been running Continental sportcontact 2 some years, i know the sportcontact 3 is not the best they made, i would choose the sportcontact 2 or the new sportcontact 5, i would not recommend the sportcontact 3.
also the sportcontact 5 you can get in the 2 versions, the sportcontact 5 and the sportcontact 5P.
5P is for more grip but dont last as long as the normal 5.

marcus.l

Dec 31, 2011
Manchester
I bought my LC with bridgestones all round, then changed my wheels and tyres to Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2s and all I can say is they crap on all my previous tyres from a great height, even in the wet up here in sunny manchester they inspire so much confidence chucking it around corners but thats me being biased. The best thing you could probably do is find 2 members near to you that are running the tyres you want and ask to pilot their cars to get a feel for them, but then every cars not set up the same is it:shrug::hole:... I'll get mi coat.

scoobydoo40

Jul 10, 2012
Houghton Regis
Done 20,000 miles on my cheap lowest of low budget tyres and they're still going strong, correct even wear, loads of grip in the wet and dry, even in the snow hee hee.

I understand why peeps go for all the well known brands but nearly all bigtime manufacturers have a sidekick budget tyre, made at the same factory and will work well within the driving skills of regular road users and i spent 10 years on the track on bikes and cars.

In the end its a personal choice and how confident the tyres you choose make you feel.

Done 20,000 miles on my cheap lowest of low budget tyres and they're still going strong, correct even wear, loads of grip in the wet and dry, even in the snow hee hee.

I understand why peeps go for all the well known brands but nearly all bigtime manufacturers have a sidekick budget tyre, made at the same factory and will work well within the driving skills of regular road users and i spent 10 years on the track on bikes and cars.

In the end its a personal choice and how confident the tyres you choose make you feel.

Name them then ;)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.