Which tyre would you choose?

Hi,
I need to get 4 new tyres for my Stage 2 LCR.
I'm stuck between 2 choices, they need to have good grip and good longevity.
Here are the choices:

Toyo T1R - £118.74 each

Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 - £129.60 each

Which would you go for and why?
Also is there a tyre you would choose over these for the same or less money as the Goodyears will be a bit of a stretch at the moment, lol.

Cheers
Rich
:)

hyphon12

Daft Member
Jun 7, 2011
Scottish Borders
Of the 2 I'd go Goodyear. Toyo T1Rs I found are decent on a lower powered car but they wear quickly and if anything a tad soft.

Although id use continental sportcontact3's over those two as I've never had a bad experience with them and it is the most common tyre I've fitted at work so kinda shows how good they are.

Sent from my iPhail using Tapatalk!

BenG

Ben
Oct 26, 2011
Cove Bay, Aberdeen
Had T1Rs on my old Focus and they seemed to grip OK but perhaps wear a bit fast - soft compound I assume.

Only ever heard good things about Eagle F1s - they were just a lot pricier when I bought my Toyos.

Just got some Dunlop SP Sport Fast Responses on my Leon but too soon to give any driving impressions yet as they are not even scrubbed in and it just keeps raining here so haven't been able to chuck the car about yet:(

nd-photo.nl

Mar 6, 2012
The Netherlands
www.nd-photo.nl
I cant comment yet on the wear rate, havent been driving with them for long. if you want tires which last long, then choose something like Michelin Primacy HP (have these on my Seat 16" Turbo wheels, now spare, have upgraded to 18" with Vredesteins), very nice tire, good grip (nowhere near the grip of the Vredestein US).

Last edited:

matylad

Nov 24, 2005
Crewe, Cheshire
I'm on my 2nd set of the Vredestein Ultrac Sessantas. Awesome tyres and the wear rate is around the same as the Falken 452s and T1Rs I've had previously. I would say I get around 12k out of a set with mixed driving.

Matt.

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
I've had the F1s AND currently run Continental sportContact 3s (which I've ran for 2 sets now) and the Contis are much much better. So grippy.

Sent from my iPhone when I should be working....

So the Continental Sport Contact 3 and the Vredestein Ultrac Sessantas aren't too bad for wear then?

I had the old eagle F1's years ago before they were asymmetric but i managed to only get about 6k out of the fronts.

I tend to only use my car at the weekends and occasionally have to drive to work but i don't drive like a nutter, lol.

W11TTX

Apr 23, 2012
Cheshire
Iv had a few different tyres on different cars iv had f1's on a corolla parada spec 2's on a scooby bridgestones and conti sport on a type r and and yoyo proxes on a few, the best two iv had are easily the f1s and parada in the dry the parada are grippy as fook in the dry but average in the wet where as the f1s are just **** hot all round, I bought my lcr with f1s on and can't fault them the grip in the wet is really good not even felt a slight bit of understear ! Top quality tyre

Mr OCD

May 1, 2008
Manchester, UK
F1's are fine ... T1R's have soft carcass so wear quickly and flex too much on track.

I'd use Hankook EVO V12's over any of those mentioned above.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members