Which VAGTacho Version (?)

Hi All!

Here's my dilemma (Regarding 2005 (54) Seat Ibiza)

I bought a spare flip key with a used transponder in it. I have no spare key to take a transponder from. From my searches I need to get my SKC to allow me to add a second key using VAGCom?

Been looking on EBay and I see there is an old version of VAGTacho 2.5 which states

VDO SEED-KEY protected dashes supported !
(This means: Passat B6, Bora/Jetta to 2004 year, Golf 4 to 2003 year,Skoda Octavia/Fabia to 2004 year , some Seat dashes up to 2002 year ect...)

But it also mentions

Automatic functions: Repair dashboard, Read PIN code!

Does this mean that I can still read the 4 digit SKC automatically, or will it not access my ECU? (I've read some recent threads where people have been getting access denied messages) - I'm not too bothered about being able to Write to the EEPROM?

======================================================

There's also a VagTacho Ver. 3.01 advertised

VW/Seat/Skoda up to year 2004 read/write eeprom!

Do you reckon it would be more use to buy the latest version? And to those using VAGTacho successfully which version are you running (and for what model/year car)

Thanks

Adrian

Mar 25, 2008
Not looking to re-programme the transponder. I'm looking to add the transponder frequency to the "safe keys" list on the ECU. Heard this can be done with VAGTacho?

I've got a vagtacho 2.5 cable your welcome to have a loan of if you want to give it a try?
Used it on my mk4 golf alot but dont use it any more.

I lvoe that site...this line gets me every time "Dear hackers, crackers, chinese stupid yellow monkeys, please stop sending your trojan horses in my e-mail, there is nothing usefull in the computer that i'm using for Internet connection :)" :lol::lol:

sjolliff

Vag-Com, West Yorkshire?
Mar 21, 2010
Halifax, West Yorkshire
At the min im actually emailing kiti about the cables, as the software does not yet support can-bus,
He has said that a can-bus update will be comming out in the future, maybe by the end of the year.
But this will surely mean changing the cable?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.