Which VCDS for boost readings etc...?

Cossie-boy

Nov 25, 2012
Hi all

I did search but could not find a thread giving me answers I needed!

I would like to get vagcom/VCDS for my current 2011 Leon FR CR170 so I can obtain boost readings and check the synco angle for timing plus other checks

I also would like it to work in case I get a MK5 Golf GT TDi to activate cruise and MF wheel

and in case I really went old to school to work on a MK4 02ish plate Golf GT TDi or 06ish MK1 Leon FR TDi bot with the TDi 150 engine

Would a lead off ebay or other recommended supplier be ok? and which one do I need please?

Also it is just a case of downloading Lite for free and hopefully can give me what I need?

Many thanks in advance for any help

Cheers

CB

Dan FR

Meth addict. Stage 2+ Yo!
Nov 14, 2013
Caerdydd
Lite and the cheap blue KKL cables wont work on a 2011 Leon or a Mk5 Golf TDI. Lite is also very limited in its functionality unless you pay to register it

Options are a clone or genuine VCDS from one of the UK suppliers

Dan FR

Nov 14, 2013
Caerdydd
Full VCDS HEX + CAN (which is what you need if you want to be able to do both older and new VAGs) retails around the £270 mark.

Cossie-boy

Nov 25, 2012
So iLexa and Marshalls sell the with the software on a cd and Gedan sells it with a software download, all for £270.00, which is best?

Dan FR

Nov 14, 2013
Caerdydd
You are buying a cable, and with it the licence to use VCDS which is a free to download software from the Rosstech website. Buy from whoever, as long as they're on the list you'll be fine. Price will be near enough identical regardless of who you buy from

http://www.ross-tech.com/distributors.php

Cossie-boy

Nov 25, 2012
Great thank you, I take it once you have the licence you can update it free without a yearly subscription?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.