whistle when switching electric/termic engine

Jun 3, 2023
Hi guys,

I quite recently got my CUPRA Leon 1.5 eTSI 150 HP and I'm still driving my first 1000km.

However, one thing I realized is that there is a subtle but annoying whistle/beepping every time the car is switching from the termic engine to the electric one (or viceversa), for instance when it starts coasting or when you give gas and it stops coasting.

Is that normal? Anybody else experiencing it? Is it something that disappears when driving more kms?

It's quite a subtle noise you wouldn't normally hear when you have music on or drive at higher speed, but you hear it at low speeds. And now that I realized it happens when switching electric/termic engine, I always hear it.

Jun 3, 2023
No not really. I mean, I got the reassurance that "it is not a bug, it's a feature". Meaning that it's all over the place on the forums and the car dealer also told me that they are aware of it and it's just how it is.

So I just accepted it and I have to say that after a few months of driving it doesn't even bother me anymore and I just enjoy driving my car (even if I still hear it)!