Who's got the best price for a Remap on a LCR?

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
You can get remapped for £100, but don't

Pay at least £300, from a known source. Ask yourself what's important to yourself, switching, adjustableness, customer service, location.

I'd never personally do any business with someone of no fixed addess, a mobile number & 'comes to you at work' - remap or otherwise.

birdxr

Mar 23, 2008
I got a quote today off custom code for the following
Custom-Code Phase 1
Forge 007P Diverter Valve
Green Cotton air filter
for £350.00 inc VAT

Which i think is really good value and think im going to get it booked in next week although i think im going to go with an induction kit rather than a panel filter

s3tuy

I,m booked into angel tuning when i get back to Scotland, cost 275, did a bit of searching on them and they are very well thought of on the Alfa forums

J0N

Defected!
Custom-Code Phase 1
Green Cotton air filter
for £350.00 inc VAT

Which i think is really good value and think im going to get it booked in next week although i think im going to go with an induction kit rather than a panel filter

That IS a good price, I think I paid £330 for the C-C remap alone.
(Worth every last penny, mind. :D)

s3tuy

Aren't you on a SEAT forum though?

Just ment they get a good write up for results gained and customer care etc. Also the added attraction for me is they're very close to where i live

MrTurner

Jun 21, 2009
I used ****** in Hinckley for my Golf GTI. The deal at the time was £150. Very impressed, will be taking the Leon back there.

nutter_engineer

Feb 16, 2007
Custom-Code Phase 1
Green Cotton air filter
for £350.00 inc VAT

that a very good price indeed. is that through CC themselves or is it done by an agent?

BCM

Keyboard Gangster
Feb 1, 2005
Wishaw, North Lanarkshire
I,m booked into angel tuning when i get back to Scotland, cost 275, did a bit of searching on them and they are very well thought of on the Alfa forums

They're crap, my mate had his S3 done and my bog standard LCR was sitting with him all the way through the gears, other friend got a map done on a GSi Astra and had nothing but problems, not holding any boost, misfires, generally running like a bag of dicks!
Not worth there money IMO!

Baldwin

May 4, 2009
Custom-Code Phase 1
Green Cotton air filter
for £350.00 inc VAT

When you get all this done i would love to know what you think? as i am looking for a remap and cannot make my mind up.

Mar 29, 2007
Berkshire
When you get all this done i would love to know what you think? as i am looking for a remap and cannot make my mind up.
I can recommend CC if you are happy with less torque than some of the other maps, but a larger powerband due to a smaller drop off in boost at higher revs. I like the feeling of a 3.0-3.5 litre NA engine, rather than the turbo-diesel torque shove that the reps drive round in these days. Drives like an unmapped car at part throttle, and not that much different below 4000rpm, but then it really picks up and keeps going to an extended rev limit of 7200rpm - and there is still power up there.

s3tuy

They're crap, my mate had his S3 done and my bog standard LCR was sitting with him all the way through the gears, other friend got a map done on a GSi Astra and had nothing but problems, not holding any boost, misfires, generally running like a bag of dicks!

Thanks for the heads up there, looks like i'll be going elsewhere

GregLCR04

99 Ron Please!!!!
Oct 31, 2006
Dumbarton, Scotland
Thanks for the heads up there, looks like i'll be going elsewhere

I can recommend using Custom Code. Their Scottish agent is in Duntocher near Clydebank which is no more than 35 miles from you. I went there and travelled up when I used to live in Ayrshire. £305 for stage 1 remap, includes 30% discount. Worth every penny IMO:D

nodinny

yeh got to say they havent got a good repin dumfries now after a few off the boys got there cars "done"
one was a fabia vrs were all they done is screw up his boost and its cost him two turbo's since and now spent 400 on a new map from red dot to fix
same day another one off the boys took his mk 4 golf r32turbo up for a new map, he found that he didnt notice much diff and when he went to some1 else to move it on abit more they told him his bhp was no diff from what he already knew b4,

nodinny

my cupra r has 85k miles on her with full service is there anything i should watch for if im thinking off getting it a map? common faults??