Why do chavs think they own the road

bentaw

Revo'd LCR
Oct 1, 2004
Hampshire
Just got home from a drive and nearly home i am approaching a round about where some skin head chav is coming round the roundabout but without indicating so i have to slam on my brakes to stop so i dont hit him then he decides to try and race me up to the next round about i dont even waste my time trying i just decide to clap and applaude his excellent racing skills he then stops dead in the middle of the next round about jumps out of his car and then runs towards my car shouting "come on then" so i just drive past him.

He then follows me to the road i live in and shouts out his window "your f#*king dead"

nice

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Don't know - I rarely go into the town, and I live right out on the edge.
Sotton's a big sprawling city though.

I never 'enjoyed' driving through bits of southampton when I lived that way though.

Chavscum are a pain, but rarely cause a problem.... perhaps it's because I'm a bigger skinhead than them lol.

bentaw

Revo'd LCR
Oct 1, 2004
Hampshire
The macdonalds in hedge end gets swamped with them i dont mind them being there its just annoying when they dont respect other road users all he had to do was say sorry and i would not have bothered with the clapping i would have just carried on

gazjones

got nothing better to do i suppose just want to fight all the time an are so on edge its unreal

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
reminds me of a story a traffic warden told me a few years ago

hearing horns just up the road he looks up to see a porsche 911 double parked waiting to reverse into a space just as some chav in a fiesta xr2 nips in behind him much to mr 911's disgust

as the fiesta chav scum gets out he shouts to the 911 guy "when you get a faster car m8 you can try that again"

just then the porsche revs up - slams into reverse and rams the fiesta back 10ft out of the parking bay - moves forward and parks up

as mr 911 gets out and looks at the chav and says "when you get a decent job and earn 500k a year you could do that "

cracked me up a treat

gazjones

Fl@pper said:
reminds me of a story a traffic warden told me a few years ago

hearing horns just up the road he looks up to see a porsche 911 double parked waiting to reverse into a space just as some chav in a fiesta xr2 nips in behind him much to mr 911's disgust

as the fiesta chav scum gets out he shouts to the 911 guy "when you get a faster car m8 you can try that again"

just then the porsche revs up - slams into reverse and rams the fiesta back 10ft out of the parking bay - moves forward and parks up

as mr 911 gets out and looks at the chav and says "when you get a decent job and earn 500k a year you could do that "

cracked me up a treat
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

CupraR-Rog

Just Cruising...
Jul 19, 2003
West Somerset
Visit site
The number of near misses I've had because of chavs is unbelievable... if they're not constantly trying to race and fight, then they think they're the only vehicle on the road!!

Oddly, I don't get as much trouble in my current car with them trying to race me...

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
yes mate, i have to echo m0rks comments - welcome to southampton.
Best bet is to not even bother with any form of gesture - make them feel bigs cos they think they've "won" but i couldnt give a damn - keeps me safe that way.

bentaw

Revo'd LCR
Oct 1, 2004
Hampshire
yeah well i am gonna start keeping a lower profile from now on dont wanna risk damage to my car or to myself its not worth the risk anymore and hedge end at night especially on the weekends is starting to get silly

Deleted member 7729

m0rk said:
Welcome to Southampton :)

Couldn't agree more. :( What round about was it?

I had it on Friday on the M271 twat right are my arse and I just had enough of it. He was laughing and gesturing etc. as I was going too slow :confused: 70mph he could of over taken if he wanted as both lanes were empty. In the end I just put my foot down and disappeared (clear motorway) up to about 90 etc. left him for dead chap was driving a 1.4 306 got to the millbrook round about and all I got was "You're a f*cking c*nt shouted at me blah blah blah" I just put my windows up.

But go figure?

Last edited by a moderator:

bentaw

Revo'd LCR
Oct 1, 2004
Hampshire
when you drivepast JS and M&S on your left there are a set of round abouts the incident started at the round about where you can turn into JS and M&S or PC WORLD then he got out of his car at the next round about at the back or PC WORLD

karlosR

TORQUEY, NOISEY V6
Mar 10, 2006
BEDFORD
unfortunately its not just southampton, its happening everywhere most of the chavs/boy racer max power crew in bedford don't bother me because at one point or another i've dealt with them through work. those that don't know or recognise me just stare at my car.......... mostly as i disappear into the distance!

Oct 12, 2005
Its not so bad up here in the northeast of england. I have attracted the attention of some idiots esp at lights but most look at car and dont bother. I did have one guy in a clio 182 but it was actually a 1.2. He was been all big and clever by reving his engine and he wound down the window and said I am gonna kick your arse. Lets just say I didnt even have to try I just flew past him and at the next junction he cut me off n gave the sign. What an :censored:

Harry's cupra

What to do
Oct 8, 2005
Yeovil Somerset
Ok i'm not going to side with the chav because they are idiots but if you gesture someone like you did you have to expect something back, either don't respond or blow them away either way they have nothing to throw back at you.

takes a lot of practise, but let them overtake, then, just as they pull level with the front of your car, tag the rear end and put them into the barrier.

Sorry, i'm still in Gran Turismo mode :hide:

Chav's are a pain wherever you go. But as said above, if you get followed, never go home.
Try a loop which will bring you back to the same place, that way you can confirm that you are being followed, if so, simply drive to the nearest police station. Ring ahead if poss (b/t or handsfree) and give them as many details as poss.

It's never worth risking your health or safety for anything :no:

redcupratdi

Offical SCN Pole Dancer
Oct 13, 2005
cambridge
why did you go back to your house, i would have biltz him, lost him, and toke the long way home if i was worried at the end of the day.

a chav follow me i pulled over he pulled up and started spilrting how fast and impressive my car was!

most are losers and are empty threats don't worry!

what car did he have?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.