A/C flush after compressor failure?

andylong

Jan 21, 2021
Are all these parts faulty then? You'll only have pipes to flush after taking all that off

g60stu

Feb 9, 2003
Reading
Compressor needs replacing
Condenser should be replaced. I don’t think they can be effectively flushed.
I might as well do the rad while I have the car in pieces. Call it preventative maintenance.

g60stu

Feb 9, 2003
Reading
Update. I’ve got all the bits and pieces to overhaul my a/c. I also have a new rad and a genuine fan switch. Genuine switch doesn’t come with a washer. Do I need a washer?? Anyone else replaced their fan switch and confirm whether you did/didn’t use a washer??

g60stu

Feb 9, 2003
Reading
the washer do you mean the o-ring? odd its not come with one
Not an o-ring (as in a rubber ring), but a washer. It seems odd that genuine doesn't have a washer and the parts diagrams don't show one. I assume others have replaced this part so wondered whether people have fitted with or without?

Nam-uk

May 11, 2011
lancashire.
Not an o-ring (as in a rubber ring), but a washer. It seems odd that genuine doesn't have a washer and the parts diagrams don't show one. I assume others have replaced this part so wondered whether people have fitted with or without?
If it don't show one the washer could be a quick fix by another garage, not sure mate, have you got a link to the genuine fan switch.

g60stu

Feb 9, 2003
Reading
Here is the genuine part I have
IMG_8026.jpeg

I know that aftermarket ones sometimes have a washer. Maybe it’s fine without. Looks like the face is slightly chamfered and maybe that seals it well.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise