• Hey Guest👍👎 We're looking for reviews of your local CUPRA or SEAT Dealership - it's quick and easy to do: Leave a review now

Danny B

Guest
I have my eye on some 17" seat leon alloys with 225/45 tyres. Will this be ok on my seat ibiza 04 tdi s?

cheers
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Usually the tyre size is 205/40/17.

Anything bigger and wider may cause rubbing issues.
 
I had 205/50/17's on mine and they rubbed bad. Like - couldnt drive it it rubbed so bad!

I'd have thought too wide and too higher profile tbh.
 
i have a set of 17s with that size tyre (225/45) on and put one on my car to see what they looked like


it was RIDICULOUS

i wouldn't even try it
 
Ok, i have bought these alloys, the Lcr 17" ones for my biza but i'm waiting the guy getting approval from paypal so i haven't payed for them yet. But i have bought 2 x 205/45/17 tyres for the front and will be running the 225/45/17 on the back for now. Will it be like the above post and be ridiculous? I don't want to waste my money.

Cheers.
 
Ok, i have bought these alloys, the Lcr 17" ones for my biza but i'm waiting the guy getting approval from paypal so i haven't payed for them yet. But i have bought 2 x 205/45/17 tyres for the front and will be running the 225/45/17 on the back for now. Will it be like the above post and be ridiculous? I don't want to waste my money.

Cheers.

I don't even think thay will go on..... but don't take my word for it.

Also aren't LCR wheels 18"?
 
LCR wheels are 18s, but i think he is getting the FR+ 17s that are identical. They will fit aswell as they are 5x100 and the offset is about the same.

I just think the tyre will stick out too far from the wheel.
 
They'll fit mate, but I think you'll find the front rub and the back will sit a little higher.

With your new tyres on, again the back will sit a little higher if it has a higher profile but the front shouldn't rub.
 
I think it'll look good... the height difference between the two with different profiles should be pretty minimal.

I don't think anyones put the FR+ wheels on an Ibiza before, the end result should be VERY similar to the look of the Cupra wheels.