Will a boxed 55inch TV fit in the boot of a 2 door 14 plate Leon?

hewittinspain

May 27, 2017
Odd question I know but im shortly about to order a 55 inch TV, free pick up or wait a week for free delivery.
Whats peoples thoughts on wether this will go via the boot with the back seats down?

ZK_FR150

Apr 16, 2016
Best thing to do is measure it as some of these boxes are really big even 50", most places will have the box dimensions listed also.

What I would say is that I've heard it's bad to transport modern TVs lying down flat so if it was my money is get it delivered.

Reactions: Walone

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
I managed to fit a full sized mountain bike without needing to remove the wheel in a 5dr...Leon. However i would say get it delivered, if arrives broken you can perhaps claim it, but if you bring it yourself and it arrives broken...well...

deanholmes194

Dec 8, 2014
Odd question I know but im shortly about to order a 55 inch TV, free pick up or wait a week for free delivery.
Whats peoples thoughts on wether this will go via the boot with the back seats down?

Rear Seats down and it will fit. Bought a 55inch last Christmas and got it in my MK3 with a few centimetres to spare!

A 2nd pair of hands to pull from the front whilst pushing from the back makes life a million times easier!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
Some TV manufactures put the box dimensions on their product pages.

QuietQuackers

Feb 14, 2007
Cheshire
I just about had a 55" in the back of my Golf, back seats down, front seats all the way forward and about as upright as they'd go. It wasn't comfortable driving it home!

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
Best thing to do is measure it as some of these boxes are really big even 50", most places will have the box dimensions listed also.

What I would say is that I've heard it's bad to transport modern TVs lying down flat so if it was my money is get it delivered.

That was an issue with plasma TVs but I'm not sure how critical it is with LCD and LED. It may still be but I'd check.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.