will they fit

alex 80

Jan 10, 2010
i'm hoping to pick up my 05 plate tdi fr in the next couple of days i have been on the hunt for a cupra r front and rear bumper and have come accross some other parts that i want some advice on.

is the cupra r rear bumper different to the standard one??

i have come across a 56plate cupra r thats being broken for parts
will the brembo calipers fit straight onto my hubs will i need the disc's as well?
will the brembo's fit behind my standard 17's or will i have to buy the cupra r wheels too?

the cupra r steering wheel is missing its air bag will my centre fit into the steering wheel?

thanks for the help

james walker

cooling is the key people
May 24, 2007
retford notts
rear bumper goes strait on, but the exhaust cutout is differentso your twin exhaust wont be centered

brembos will go strait on, but youll nees 323mm discs to go with them.

what style 17 have you, i doubt wether the brembos will fit behind them, but id sell yours to buy the r wheels, they are much sought after aswell. the brembos will fit behind yours with the aid of spacers.
not sure on the airbag mate, i would have thought they will be the same though

Andrewcupra TDI

Resident Desk Jockey
Apr 30, 2008
in the mountains ( Wales )
id have the brakes off you :)
mine are almost dead now , but by the looks all will fit with possible slight modding needed

also people would be interested in the interior trim , because its black and not grey ??

alex 80

Jan 10, 2010
yer will be looking at the seats for myself
what sort of price should i be looking at spending on these parts
brembo calipers
cupra r rims(18's) and 2 good tires
cupra r steering wheel in air bag
cupra r seats

the car has only done low mileage (about 20k)

hoping to view it in the next couple of days

runnerpart2

Runnerpart2
May 23, 2009
Leeds
I know its a cupra i use to hav one but im looking for a TDI? I want the closest thing to the one i saw on ebay and on here on MJs his old car!

alex 80

Jan 10, 2010
its a cupra r that had a good smack in the front trust me from the pic's of 5the front its a mess

i do think the motor is ok though and its the 225bhp with only 20k on it too :lol:
once i've had my pickings from it i'll be letting you all know where it is so you a can go buy the left overs.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise