Window not going up or down automatically

Ckpearce91

Feb 20, 2013
Milton Keynes
So since the other day the drivers window has stopped going up or down automatically with the double click of the switch. Is this a case of just resetting it? And if so, how do I reset it?

dw911

Mar 30, 2013
I don't think there is anyway to reset it via the infotainment menu or similar, might be worth trying with the vcds cable maybe something in there
If not its probably a trip to the dealer

Ckpearce91

Feb 20, 2013
Milton Keynes
I don't think there is anyway to reset it via the infotainment menu or similar, might be worth trying with the vcds cable maybe something in there

If not its probably a trip to the dealer

I've heard of being able to do it with the switch itself. Just don't know where I read it...

terryt

Aug 16, 2013
Don't you roll the window up/down but hold the switch down and keep holding it down for a bit longer after it has fully closed/opened. I didn't know about the double click, I hold it down for a couple of secs for it to fully open/close.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Ckpearce91

Feb 20, 2013
Milton Keynes
Don't you roll the window up/down but hold the switch down and keep holding it down for a bit longer after it has fully closed/opened. I didn't know about the double click, I hold it down for a couple of secs for it to fully open/close.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

If you press down/up hard it goes automatically

niggle

Rollin' on 17s, baby!
Jan 28, 2014
Huddersfield, West Yorkshire
You need to read the Owner's Manual, pages 100 - 101. ;)

"
One-touch opening and closing
One-touch opening and closing means you do not have to
hold down the button.
Buttons ⇒ Fig. 56 1 , 2 , 3 and 4 have two positions for opening
windows and two for closing them. This makes it easier to open
and close windows to the desired position.
One-touch closing
– Pull up the window button briefly up to the second position. The
window closes fully.
One-touch opening
– Push down the window button briefly up to the second position.
The window opens fully.

Restoring one-touch opening and closing
– The automatic open and close function will not work if the battery
has been temporarily disconnected. The function can be restored
as follows:
– Close the window as far as it will go by lifting and holding the
electric window switch.
– Release the switch and then lift it again for one second. This
will re-enable the automatic function.
If you push (or pull) a button to the first stage, the window will open (or
close) until you release the button. If you push or lift the button briefly to
the second stage, the window will open (one-touch opening) or close (onetouch
closing) automatically. If you operate the button while the window is
opening or closing, it stops at this position.
"

Last edited:

Ckpearce91

Feb 20, 2013
Milton Keynes
You need to read the Owner's Manual, pages 100 - 101. ;)

"

One-touch opening and closing

One-touch opening and closing means you do not have to

hold down the button.

Buttons ⇒ Fig. 56 1 , 2 , 3 and 4 have two positions for opening

windows and two for closing them. This makes it easier to open

and close windows to the desired position.

One-touch closing

– Pull up the window button briefly up to the second position. The

window closes fully.

One-touch opening

– Push down the window button briefly up to the second position.

The window opens fully.

Restoring one-touch opening and closing

– The automatic open and close function will not work if the battery

has been temporarily disconnected. The function can be restored

as follows:

– Close the window as far as it will go by lifting and holding the

electric window switch.

– Release the switch and then lift it again for one second. This

will re-enable the automatic function.

If you push (or pull) a button to the first stage, the window will open (or

close) until you release the button. If you push or lift the button briefly to

the second stage, the window will open (one-touch opening) or close (onetouch

closing) automatically. If you operate the button while the window is

opening or closing, it stops at this position.

"

Thank you. I knew I read it somewhere a while ago. I sort that tomorrow morning

Ssgvickers

Dec 31, 2013
It could also be a fault if you press for a couple of seconds firmly and the window does not operate fully. I have just had a new window module fitted which I have been informed is a common problem. Now working with the new part

phil750

Jul 24, 2012
Just had exact same issue on mine, only the drivers window affected, passenger window still open and closes with the one press.

Will try that thing from the manual! if not a phone call to the dealers

phil750

Jul 24, 2012
The reset worked - eventually. I tried it around 5 times trying different lengths of holding it down etc..
eventually what worked was the roll it down, all the way, then let go, then hold it up for about 10 seconds.
Now window is back to normal!

Ckpearce91

Feb 20, 2013
Milton Keynes
The reset worked - eventually. I tried it around 5 times trying different lengths of holding it down etc..

eventually what worked was the roll it down, all the way, then let go, then hold it up for about 10 seconds.

Yeah it took me a few times to do it. Can't remember how I done it in the end. I'm just glad it's working lol

andy_l

Dec 22, 2013

Mine randomly loses the window one-touch close calibration - the first indication usually being that the mirror fold from keyfob stops working. Must look a right idiot sat in the carpark cycling the window up and down until it fixes itself - I'll try your method next time!

Nov 4, 2019
UK
Hi, bit late tot he party on this. I have the same issue on a Leon ST FR 2016 where the on-touch open/close doesn't work when operated from the driver's seat (although the back windows do work). I've tried the reset, but that doesn't seem to work.

I also have a problem where the motor for the passenger window keeps operating (to close the window) when it's already closed.

Has anyone else experienced this? I've read that it might be an issue with the control module.

arizla

Dec 7, 2014
Bishop Auckland
Hi, Also another late comer here, my passenger window had this problem for months now, but having done Niggle's reset it now works a treat,
I have tried doing a reset when I first notice this problem but obviously not done the right procedure,
Cheers Niggle's

Oct 9, 2020
Hi guys I have a seat leon cupra 1.8t I have window trouble drivers window not going up or down has had a new loom new regulator an new switches still nothing also don't control other windows if unplug the connector block by my feet on the drivers side an plug it back in my window goes up an down after a while it stops again an have to repeat the method over again but all other windows still remain the same not working any help would be grateful many thanks

Holy thread resurrection!

I just cleared this issue on my 2018 FR. The one-touch hadn't worked since I had it adapted (I drive with hand controls) because they obviously disconnected the battery. I tried holding the buttons up as described, but it didn't seem to work. In the end, i broke out VCDS, and along with a load of another errors caused by the battery being off and the controls being fitted was the expected

65588 - Motor for Window Regulator B1487 54 [009] - Missing Calibration / Basic Setting Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear Freeze Frame: Fault Status: 00000001 Fault Priority: 3 Fault Frequency: 1 Reset counter: 93 Mileage: 42238 km Date: 2021.12.02 Time: 00:00:01

I cleared the codes, reset basic settings in the door modules, and then ran output tests on the front windows, and all good. Not sure why it wouldn't reset with the switches, maybe I had the procedure wrong.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members