Window Problem

OllieL

2.0 16v Cupra Sport GTi
Dec 10, 2006
Birmingham
Rite, had a spot of bother with my window today. As I pressed electric window button to lower the passenger side window the whole window glass dropped inside the door skin. As I didnt have time to mess about with it I had to park it back on my drive and cover it with a big polybag before I went to work.
Need to take the inside of the door off and see what the damage is.
What am I likely to have broken - hope the window glass is in one piece inside.
Ollie

codell

Seat Track Slag
Dec 12, 2006
s.wales
you should be safe enough, the window probably just slipped off the runners, if not check for signs of any breakages and check the bottom of the door to see if anything has broken off?

without being able to see it its hard to give an exact explanation

ibiza_streg

Oct 23, 2006
Cornwall
Sounds like its come off the runners, doubt the motors broken or anything!

Totally off subject but have you smoothed in your door handles?

OllieL

2.0 16v Cupra Sport GTi
Dec 10, 2006
Birmingham
Thanks, is there anyway of stopping it from slipping off again?
Ha well yeah they are smoothed off, but not in real life yet, just photo-shopped.
Does look good though doesn’t it :)

chewittgti

I had this problem the other week with the drivers window, according to SEAT themselves its a common fault. The whole regualtor had gone tits up. I fitted the new part my self, you jsut need patiance with taking the glass out and refitting it.

Mckellar

me 3!
block of wood on inside of door loyal! :lol:

i really should get it fixed, thankfully its the passenger one, so hardly gets used.

OllieL

2.0 16v Cupra Sport GTi
Dec 10, 2006
Birmingham
Hmm
was infact just fallen off the runners
weird though cos looks like someone has had a go at fixing it before cos the rear clip looks like it had been screwed on and was holding the whole window up. I think it fell inside the door when that screw fell out.
Is this a common problem, cos I dont want it to keep falling inside the door.
Least the window is still in one piece
Ollie

Feb 20, 2005
Telford ay it...
Got a little tip, if your window isnt working properly. ie dosnt go all the way up. just give it a few tugs and swear at it abit. It mite work again like mine did :rolleyes:

All this tugging and swearing was done while trying to fit a new regulator that is now sitting in my garage :lol:

MinxGTi

Mines up on a block of wood at the mo Lol! the blocks (clips whatever you call them) that are on the mechanism have snapped off, so the window always drops off. Had to get a new mechanism which i (well my boyfriend) hasnt fitted yet.