Window sticker removal.

Cupra R

Dec 5, 2001
UK.
Visit site
What's the best way to remove the sticker that is stuck to the rear screen, the Seat one. I don't want to cause any damage either to the element or the tinting. It is already bubbled slightly, but in the middle, so not easy to get at.

autobrite-direct

May 3, 2007
www.autobritedirect.co.uk
Mate

If you get some Autobrite 'Tar + Glue Remover' spray onto the window sticker and leave it for a few minutes and it will make the sticker easier to get off..You should be able to get your finger nail behind a corner and lift it off..

A 500ml bottle of 'Tar + Glue' is £4.50 delivered maty.. Give me a shout if you need any..

Hope that helps??

Regards Mark:D;)

Cupra R

Dec 5, 2001
UK.
Visit site
Mate

If you get some Autobrite 'Tar + Glue Remover' spray onto the window sticker and leave it for a few minutes and it will make the sticker easier to get off..You should be able to get your finger nail behind a corner and lift it off..

A 500ml bottle of 'Tar + Glue' is £4.50 delivered maty.. Give me a shout if you need any..

Hope that helps??

Regards Mark:D;)

Mark, I'll take a bottle of this off your hands then, just solely for then having a decent Tar remover for when the road's heat up again (if they ever do)

How do you want to play it???

Rich

Cupra R

Dec 5, 2001
UK.
Visit site
Let me know how you get on.

Want to get the dealer sticker out of mine aswell!

Will do mate. I purposefully told the dealer I didn't want their sticker putting as I knew I would only have to remove it. So they didn't, when I went to pick the car up though, there's a tiny Autoglym sticker in the front window. So this will be getting the treatment too.

carlt69

Jan 6, 2006
I've always used a hairdryer, warm it all up then gently peel it off. works a treat :)

Deleted member 19188

Didn't bother with any hairdryers, just peeled mine off then used some methylated spirits (dead cheap in France, alcohol a brule!) on the residue on the glass.

autobrite-direct

May 3, 2007
www.autobritedirect.co.uk
How about the removal of the newer type of dealer stickers? Its more like a transfer, when you try to pick a corner it just scratches, any ideas?

What i would do is gently heat up the transfer for approx 1 minute with a heat gun, then gently start peeling the transfer off from ONE corner and then you should be able to remove it one go? Heating the transfer basically starts to met the adhesive on the transfer making it easier to remove..

Hope that helps?

P.S When you have removed the transfer you may be left with a glue residue, this can easily be remove with a Tar + Glue remover.

:D

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise