Window won't close. Help.

Mmikey

Feb 20, 2012
My window won't close and there's nothing that i can see stopping it. I know if you put your hand in between it, it won't go all the way up but there's nothing that i can see in it's way. Does anyone know how i can over ride this? I've tried by using the key but once it gets to the top it just goes straight back down. And that's the rain on :D.

I have a 2012 fr+.

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
Does it go up so far and then stop and go back all on it's own? sounds like the rubber seal is distorted to me. have a good look at the window rubber/channel where the glass runs and make sure the rubber is seated correctly. If need be apply a little lube to assist the glass to re-seat the rubber.

I had the exact same problem on my old red mk2 Leon, I got a coat caught in the rubber and it sort of twisted it.

If it won't move at all then it's probably a faulty switch, blown fuse or a faulty motor.

Last edited:

Mmikey

Feb 20, 2012
Does it go up so far and then stop and go back all on it's own? sounds like the rubber seal is distorted to me. have a good look at the window rubber/channel where the glass runs and make sure the rubber is seated correctly. If need be apply a little lube to assist the glass to re-seat the rubber.

I had the exact same problem on my old red mk2 Leon, I got a coat caught in the rubber and it sort of twisted it.

If it won't move at all then it's probably a faulty switch, blown fuse or a faulty motor.

I had a look at the seal bit before I posted but couldn't see anything. After reading your post I just went back out and pushed the seal in all around the window and it's went back up. Thank you mate

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
I had a look at the seal bit before I posted but couldn't see anything. After reading your post I just went back out and pushed the seal in all around the window and it's went back up. Thank you mate

Yep, I've had the exact same before. Just put a small spot of washing up liquid in the track to lube/clean it.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.