Windows stuck open

robby71

Sep 3, 2005
Yorkshire, UK
they stopped working when i used the drivers door lock to put down the windows, the autowindows module was still intact. I thought that might be at fault so removed it completely and nothing changed?

i guess if i go to the dealership and they put it on vag-com it'll show whats at fault (i know vag-com covers locking as you can set the alarm beep/ autolock with it)

Chemical Al

Trollied Member
Apr 6, 2004
Craven Arms, Shropshire
i would take apart everything that you did and double check all the connector (including the dials) make absolutly sure that ist not something stupid before you part with your hard earned cash.

robby71

Sep 3, 2005
Yorkshire, UK
k11jrp said:
have you tried swapping the connectors over, you sure there in the right sockets??

they stopped working before i removed any connectors so it can't be that, it seems they only fit the relevant ones as well?

i pulled the plug from the main window module and disconnected all the others then tried the other door switches but nothing?

robby71

Sep 3, 2005
Yorkshire, UK
ok car now stuck at dealers :(

their vag-com (or whatever) picked up 11 faults!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
these ranged from motor problems on all doors? control module? and can bus (no signal from ecu) - they have to eliminate each of these 1 at a time to find the fault but need the car for the week (to fit it in between other jobs) - no loan car available either :(

gonna be expensive.............................

robby71

Sep 3, 2005
Yorkshire, UK
Hi Jon

no - it was dash under steering wheel :)

strange how it broke when i used the key in drivers door to lower windows? lets see - door lock - wire under dash - snap?

weird

robby71

Sep 3, 2005
Yorkshire, UK
yep - threw a sickie as i couldn't get to work - got a lift home by the garage ad was housebound :)

if i ever got banned from driving id never get out of bed