windscreen

cherryone

Dec 15, 2006
Just checked mine, i seem to have a 2-3mm line at the edge aswell, so will add to my list of things that need to be fixed before the warranty expires in a couple of months time.

FYI, when i had my front wheel bearings replaced under warranty almost a year ago the work sheet from the stealer says that the work undertaken carries a 24mnth guarantee subject to their t's and c's.

They have to be done again now as noise has returned again !!
Cruise has stopped working again.

Not impressed.

(2.0 tdi sport 05 - 44k)

Nov 2, 2006
Annaghmore
bebo.com
We have a few of the same here!
1 and 2..
When you say "doesn't keep alignment", is the the same as my steering wheel not being straight?
Low mpg well well well, i suffer from this one as well and all the garage will say is its the way i drive it...
I am only of the slowest drivers going, i like to save my turbo for the motorway slip road (and there is rare!) I get around 36 - 40 mpg.

But likewise with you, i tend to get the same no matter what the driving style is.

May i just add though.. what gear do you drive in at a steady 30 on a level road?

Thanks

Chris

just E-mailed my dealer again and they got back to very quickly, the man i deal with usually very good was off for a while so explains not getting back to me. Booked in for all this to be sorted on the 17th, courtesy car included.:clap:

hope all gets sorted, mentioned about the windscreen to hime and they gonna look at it.

Tabintab

Sep 15, 2006
Peterborough
So, if the dealer fits a new screen, what do you reckon the likelihood of a repeat of the same fault? Or are dealers fitting a new spec screen?

Just before I part exchanged my Altea took a look at the screen i had replaced about 9 months ago, guess what, its going white at the bottom. Makes me glad I got rid of such a problematic car.

Tab
Now drives a Honda CRV

Last edited:

Seagull

Hello all,
I have just checked mine and you guessed it is exactly the same 2-3 mm band all the way along the windscreen.

Nov 2, 2006
Annaghmore
bebo.com
Was in today, windscreen getting changed, ordered and waiting. Wet windows was blamed on leaky windscreen, we all know not true but maybe contributer to condensation.

chrisash32

Altea Driver
Oct 17, 2007
hi!
had mine changed now as well :) its soooo clean!

question... how do i go about preventing it happening again?
I am thinking about some very strong black electrical tape down the bottom of the window covering the window joint to the plastic?

Penfold

May 18, 2007
Just found this on mine after reading this thread. Mine is out of warranty, but i am going to chance my arm with Seat UK. After all, they do advertise the Altea as extremely safe with its 5 star NCAP rating. You never know!!

chrisash32

Altea Driver
Oct 17, 2007
Just found this on mine after reading this thread. Mine is out of warranty, but i am going to chance my arm with Seat UK. After all, they do advertise the Altea as extremely safe with its 5 star NCAP rating. You never know!!

give it a try!

I am trying to put together a solution so this doesn't happen again!

Penfold

May 18, 2007
An update

Sent an email off to Seat UK, but also decided I would call them to get there reaction without having time to make up an excuse why not to replace.

Anyway, Seat UK basically say that it is out of the warranty period and would probably not do anything now. They also claim that they have never heard of this problem before at all :confused:

Was told to wait for official reply via email, but dont expect to much!!!!

Nice one Seat UK, looking after your customers yet again! It really does make you think about going elsewhere for your next car.