Wing mirror control knob

bundy1981

Oct 16, 2008
Morning,

Just picked up my new 1.4 sc sport on saturday an when I was adjusting the wing mirrors yesterday the knob you adjust them with came off in my hand !!! Its gone back on but i'm wondering if i need just to glue this on or whether I should go back to th dealer as it may be a build quality issue.

Any ideas ?

Fozzi

I caught mine with my knee and it popped off (big bruise for a week!). Eventually found the offending piece off plastic in the dark and it just snapped back on. Quite frankly i was just releaved i hadn't broken it. Talking of broken, the plastic 'cap' on the gear stick has come off - little underside clips have broken off. Anyone know if the dealer will replace at service for me? I don't particularly want them mucking around with a tube of superglue on the cheap.

Fozzi

Trying to jump in the car when late and in a hurry - kinda like Starky & Hutch but without sliding accross the bonnet! As they say, 'more haste, less speed...'

Fozzi

Thanks for letting me know. Is it just for the cap, or is there another problem too? Any other known problems to think about before i book my car in?

garethrobson

FR LOVER
Jun 10, 2009
County Durham
Thanks for letting me know. Is it just for the cap, or is there another problem too? Any other known problems to think about before i book my car in?

theres the cap, and on mine there was an airbag cable fault. my wing mirror knob bit fell off too, it is a bit loose now. And my gear stick cap fell off, and from the sounds of it, a few peoples have (hence the recall).

nightflight

May 18, 2009
Sheffield
loving the heated mirrors of late, keep my hands toasty whilst i have a ciggy waiting for the car to warm up in the morning

pete evans

Apr 5, 2009
nottingham
If you glue it on any excess force will break it. I think you will find it is designed to come off with more then average force to avoid breakage and avoid injury if invovled in a accident just a guess on my part.

ibizasc-chris

Ibiza SC Sport Driver
Oct 7, 2008
I have bashed my knee on the wingmirror knob a couple times too, i put it back on and now its upside down, and it wont come off... :( im sure if i use pliers it will come off but i keep forgetting.... oh and yes i can confirm that it hurts quite a lot when you bash your knee off of it... :)

StewartWaudby

Jan 21, 2010
I'm glad it's not just me that's hit my knee on this, I've only done it the once and it left quite a bruise but afterwards I couldn't for the life of me figure out how I'd managed to have my knee in a position where it could happen :confused:

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.