Wing Mirror Replacement

Kaiju

Kaiju FR184
Jun 19, 2016
UK
Afternoon all

I am replacing the driver side wing mirror on my 5 door, 2014, FR 2.0 tdi, 184PS. However the wing mirror I ordered, which I was told would fit... Does not fit?

Does anyone know if the FR has different wing mirror sizes to the other variants? The base of the mirror seems too big or long as seen in the image below.

The existing black dirt mark, is way smaller than this replacement mirrors base. Any idea why the sizing is wrong?
IMG_20200524_142010.jpg
IMG_20200524_142004.jpg

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Facelift version? Are there any part numbers you can see and google?
Yes, there should be a part number somewhere on both the existing and replacement door mirrors. That was my first thought, and I’d be googling the number on the new door mirror to see what the search results showed.

Many of Seat’s models have door mirrors that look very similar, so it might be that the OP has been sent a door mirror for, say, a current model Ibiza or Ateca or some other model, rather than a Leon.

Kaiju

Kaiju FR184
Jun 19, 2016
UK
Original wing mirror seems to be
036684, but then it says 026684 aswell?
Can anyone look at the pic and tell me what number is the part number?

Replacement wing mirror seems to be

IMG_20200525_001336.jpg
IMG_20200525_000825.jpg

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
The original mirror should have a part number prefixed by 5F. what you have shown there is the Type Approval mark.
Where did you get your replacement from: is it a genuine part or aftermarket?

Kaiju

Kaiju FR184
Jun 19, 2016
UK
Aftermarket

From AutoDoc

No idea how I would even source a genuine one right now, our dealerships are closed.

Any idea where the part number would be on the original?

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
Aftermarket

From AutoDoc

No idea how I would even source a genuine one right now, our dealerships are closed.

Any idea where the part number would be on the original?

Seem like the part number is on a label under the clip on coloured cover at the top of the mirror .

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
Seem like the part number is on a label under the clip on coloured cover at the top of the mirror .
Not the best pic, nicked off the web, but the label can be just about seen on this one:
s-l1600.jpg

One further thing you have to watch, but you probably know already, is there are 6-wire and 8-wire versions of these mirrors. Best if you get the correct part number off your old one so you're sure

kevster184

Mar 14, 2015
Autodoc is very confusing and one of several websites all from the same company all giving the impression the are in the UK whichthe are not.

This is something I need to do because the folding motor has seized on one of mine. I found the dealer was nearly the cheapest but cheapest was TPS beleive it or not, for the entire thing minus the painted cover. Less money than a used on on ebay!

Kaiju

Kaiju FR184
Jun 19, 2016
UK
Autodoc is very confusing and one of several websites all from the same company all giving the impression the are in the UK whichthe are not.

This is something I need to do because the folding motor has seized on one of mine. I found the dealer was nearly the cheapest but cheapest was TPS beleive it or not, for the entire thing minus the painted cover. Less money than a used on on ebay!

Mine has seized aswell and no longer folds in

Do you have the link to the TPS part you bought? How much did dealer quote you?

kevster184

Mar 14, 2015
Mine has seized aswell and no longer folds in

Do you have the link to the TPS part you bought? How much did dealer quote you?

Typically you cannot just replace the motor!

This is where I asked about it, prices were before Covid-19 restrictions. I will purchase mine when I can have someone over to help me do the job. For now I unplugged both mirror motors and wedges the fault mirror to hold it still. Just a pain putting the car in the garage.

TPS supply to the trade,VAG dealers and other garages. Not all supply to the general public, my local ones does. Nothing online.

See #15 here

https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/folding-wing-mirror-s-problem.457288/#post-4916826

Kaiju

Kaiju FR184
Jun 19, 2016
UK
@Kaiju did you get your mirror sorted? Swapped mine yesterday and problem cured.
Not yet mate. Waiting to speak to TPS for the parts price.

Where did you get your part from and how much? I've been told part number is 5F2857508P but haven't yet taken cover off wingmirror to confirm.

Does this match yours?

kevster184

Mar 14, 2015
Not yet mate. Waiting to speak to TPS for the parts price.

Where did you get your part from and how much? I've been told part number is 5F2857508P but haven't yet taken cover off wingmirror to confirm.

Does this match yours?

You already know I went to TPS. My local is Cambridge, their policy is not to give out part numbers, they can pick it from the Reg/chassis number. Ordered in overnight. Cost £83.98 plus the Vat, so £100.78. SEAT dealer was a few quid more.

My old literally has on it W05F2857602P 9B9

On the invoice they have dropped the W0 from the front so it looks more normal for a VAG part number but the 602 is 508. So matches the one you've been given! The label of the new mirror matches the invoice.

As said above the code 9B9 could mean spec. I have a plug with 8 terminals, full electric, heated, folding with park position on passenger side and comfort close. So I suspect the same as you.

My housing is not jet black more like a dark grey.

Couldn't find much at all from my part number, on 7zap it has many similar listed but not mine.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.