Wing Mirror Spider

Mellow Yello

Pedros Dodgy Windows
Jun 13, 2008
i have one in my driverside mirror :D , called him pedro in memoery of my old ibiza lol , doesnt seem to like the sunshine though:(

Becks

ExtremeBlue&CandyWhite
Apr 22, 2007
Blantyre
www.facebook.com
Actually they are also standard on the Mk1 Leon Cupra too. I;ve had one living inside my drivers side mirror for the 2 years i've had the car. I'm surprised he hasn't given up and moved or died of starvation as my morning ritual is putting down the window and brushing the night before's web away :)

LMJ

Previously CEY_CLS :-)
May 4, 2009
Bangor, North Wales
haha for the first 4 posts I thought this was something serious - until to my horror I actually realised you were talking about no more than a foocking spider! I have them too - usually makes his web from the bottom of the mirror - and cleverly sticks the other section to the door... amazes me! Then I rinse it off... :)

orangemuffin

i love you all.......
Sep 24, 2008
yesterday
Hey, this is serious. Weve had 10 different people say they have one now. It looks like the problem is getting out of hand ...a pandemic if you will !

Also it would seem i was right in that they dont do this type of quality thread in the leon section as leon owners with wing mirror spiders are having to seek refuge and advice from the mk2 ibiza forum.

Its ok, you are safe here.

abhardwaj1990

Yes, I'm licking my hand
Mar 16, 2009
Shottingham
My wing mirror spider, Rupert, is a rebel and decides he doesn't want to live in the mirrors,
what he decided instead was to make a web going from my tailgate handle to the bike behind it.

beezertart

**MAYHEM**
Sep 11, 2007
beyond the sun
mine must be a different breed,he appeared after a good cleaning sesh at the weekend and has favoured the rear reflector as his new abode,must be more spacious for him as he's made sure he's used all available space. maybe he's a successful spider and their size of abode is determined by the levels they have reached? :D

LMJ

Previously CEY_CLS :-)
May 4, 2009
Bangor, North Wales
mine's migrated to the likes of a Honda Stream... must say - I've lost all repect for him! He doesn't seem to like the freshly painted / lacquered mirror covers :p shame really!...

orangemuffin

i love you all.......
Sep 24, 2008
yesterday
Straight up, i got in my car yesterday and my spider had caught some sort of THING....it was black with red and black wings, it was massive. I honestly dont have a clue what it was !

respect to him though.

orangemuffin

i love you all.......
Sep 24, 2008
yesterday
I really dont know what it was but if must have been a real effort for the little scrote !

I now have a haynes and ive looked through bet there is no section on this ?

abhardwaj1990

Yes, I'm licking my hand
Mar 16, 2009
Shottingham
Dan you didn't bring Winston with you yesterday did you? or was he hiding?....
There's nothing in haynes, I've checked aswell, you should have got someone to use vag-com to diagnose the problem, could have fixed it maybe?

sionowz

Jan 28, 2007
cardiff
i drowned my boot trim spider last weekend while washing my car:( i tried putting him in bill's web(driver side door mirror) but he was a gonner. got a new one in there already though!!!

Heavy

Jan 21, 2009
Peoples Republic of Teesside.
My wing mirror spider is really earning his keep recently.

Last month when I went through a speed camera, he said he was driving and copped for the three points.

Then today when I stopped a little too far from the McD drive through window, he passed me my quarter-ponder with cheese and fillet-o-fish for my wiiiiiife. :cartman:

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
My wing mirror spider is really earning his keep recently.

Last month when I went through a speed camera, he said he was driving and copped for the three points.

Then today when I stopped a little too far from the McD drive through window, he passed me my quarter-ponder with cheese and fillet-o-fish for my wiiiiiife. :cartman:

damn, you got a loyal/strong spider there (sure he isn't in the gym with me? lol)

my spider franky pissed my sister off, made a web from her front bumper to the floor (she had only been home for like 2hours) a massive web aswell, it was definitely franky, as he has a red/pink-ish stripe on his back :)

i love him, he made my sister angry hahahaha!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.