Winter or All Season Tyres?

Winter or all season tyres?

• Total voters

Carbonara

Aug 19, 2018
I'm currently running 3 of the top 4 on different family cars and will probably try the Bridgestones once my OE 235/35 19 Contis are shredded in a year or two. First review I've seen on them and quite positive for the application I want.

Last edited:

adon30

Apr 18, 2008
Brummm Brummm
I run the Dunlop wintersports which are OK. Was one of the few cars out in amongst the 4x4s when it snowed heavily. Only problem is I don't have the ground clearance that they do!
Best to pick a tyre with good wet ability first as all are better than a summer tyre when it comes to snow. Just don't go for a budget tyre. I made that mistake once. They were absolutely awful and a bit scary! The only time that they had any feel was when it dropped to -10

IbizaNI

Mar 23, 2015
Newtownards, Northern Ireland

I've ordered a set of Kleber Krisalp HP3's which came 3rd in the winter tyre test you linked there, they seem to be good in the snow, less so in the dry, hope I get a good bit of snow this year to be able to test them out!

They were meant to be delivered on Friday afternoon but was when no one was home so I rescheduled to Tuesday, just when it seems to be getting a wee bit milder again towards the end of next week.

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
Put my winter wheels on yesterday so I know what kind they are now ;0) They are Goodyear Ultragrip Performance gen1. I think they're good but they're the only winter tyres I've had on the car so nothing to compare them to. Last very well, I would buy them again.