winter tyres for Cupra Ateca?

perelaar

Jan 18, 2019
Sugartown Belgium
Does anyone have any recommendations on winter tyres for the Cupra Ateca? It is our daily driver, and with conditions on Belgian roads what they are in winter, I want the best I can get. Note we are reusing the rims, so no separate wheel set for winter.

Aquaplaning is a regular occurrence, and we do drive quite a bit in snow (Ardennes, Germany, holidays in Austria and Italy).
On our previous car (Leon ST FR, 2.0 TDI) we had bad experiences with Toyo Snowprox, and good with Continental. But Continental might not be the best choice for a fast SUV?

Tips, experience etc welcome!

sau

Apr 13, 2009
Is there anyone fit 18'' with ET 51 on Cupra Ateca , with the standard brakes?
I really like a set of seat original alloy rims , but not sure if this rim extra 6 mm in, will not be an issue.

perelaar

Jan 18, 2019
Sugartown Belgium
No idea if they are self-sealing, if I'm not mistaken the summer tyres on mine are Pirelli. No issue at all with change over, running on Goodyear Ultragrip now (same size, 245/40 R19). Speed index a little bit lower than standard.

Definitively feel the difference, bit more vibration and noise, and probably a bit less grip on the edge. But since it is our daily driver and we drive regularly through France and Germany winter tyres are an absolute must.

BoyRacer

SUV time!
Aug 5, 2016
Just as a bit of an update. I was having some tyres fitted to another car and asked about the self sealing ones and this is what they look like inside.
Not liquid as I imagined.
Seal Inside.jpg

Reactions: Terry99
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members