Wipers making a rubbing sound

NZ_Cupra

Jul 20, 2019
I finally got round to replacing mine after having the car for a year. Got a set of Bosch Aerotwin wipers and they are miles better!! Should have done it ages ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yanivkoval

Jul 20, 2017
Strange, I have always found that the original ones are better than the aftermarket ones.

Maybe the squeaking comes from poor washing or some dirt and debrie on the windshield and or the wiper blades ?

With what did you wash the windshield ?
Did you treat it with some chemicals like hydrophobic substances?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

yanivkoval

Jul 20, 2017
Try to clean the windshield with auto glass cleaner or some kind of very gentle degreaser.

For what its worth, I am using a wash fluid with some alcohol and it works great.

Reactions: Northbear

Tell

Staff member
Bosch wiper blades are the best... so the story goes. They do design some of wiper components.

The standard Ateca ones which I'm sure are identical to the Cupra ones I put up on this thread:

I like to get them fitted before a dealer fits sub standard ones.

Part numbers are on there (trade abbreviation) which can be cut and paste out for a Google. The Bosch links are a bit wobbly since they are changing the web site... reposted below less the Bosch links:

Rear

Independent aftermarket part (IAM) 3397008634
Designation Wiper blade Aerotwin, rear
Production discontinuation -
Trade abbreviation (HKB) A 282 H

Front RHD pair

Independent aftermarket part (IAM) 3397007864
Designation Wiper blade Aerotwin, set
Trade abbreviation (HKB) A 864 S
Product information For RHD vehicles

Front LHD pair

Independent aftermarket part (IAM) 3397007863
Designation Wiper blade Aerotwin, set
Trade abbreviation (HKB) A 863 S
Product information For LHD vehicles

Bosch ones have the aerofoil to make them stick to the glass so they don't flap about. Rubber is suppose to be better than others.

Reactions: Northbear

MW05

Oct 18, 2015
I've been very happy with the Bosch Aero blades i've used in the past. Just about to replace the set on the Ibiza and used them on my previous Discovery 1 and current Discovery 2.

After watching the video i think his testing with a dry screen is a waste of time, who does that? His deflection test also was useless, as when it gets very cold they usually start the day frozen to the screen, plus his measurements weren't taken in the middle of the blade but offset to one side.
His exposure to UV light was also flawed as tossing the blade into a box hardly simulates exposure as experienced on a car. In fact many cars hide their blades out of sight to reduce drag when not in use. Then when they are used, it would be raining...
The test using UV dye was also flawed. He should have conducted that test first with each of the blades to be tested when new, not with an unknown blade.
And his final conclusion that Bosch blades are best suited to curved windscreens? REALLY???
HOw many cars DON'T have a curved windscreen?
(Other than Land Rovers, of which i own four, including two with flat windscreens, a 1961 Series 2 and a Defender. Bosch don't make an Aero blade for either)

Last edited:
Reactions: Northbear and Tell

MW05

Oct 18, 2015
Strange, I have always found that the original ones are better than the aftermarket ones.

Maybe the squeaking comes from poor washing or some dirt and debrie on the windshield and or the wiper blades ?

With what did you wash the windshield ?
Did you treat it with some chemicals like hydrophobic substances?

psst, it's debris ;)

MW05

Oct 18, 2015
I do recommend using Rain-X too, especially if you happen to drive through a lot of water, like me...

Attachments

• washing....JPG
    washing....JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 311
  • Haha
Reactions: Syphon
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise