Wiring Front Fog Lights

Sam20v

Nov 8, 2003
Dubai UAE
Visit site
I think someone on here has retro fitted fogs...
i believe it is a case of getting the grills with the fogs in, wires and switch.
where there is a will there is a way to retro fit many parts..

jiege01

Toledo TDI
Jan 11, 2006
Magherafelt, NI
theres the standard fogs in and the switch, but there are no wires. Think i will take it to my local auto electrician and see what he says.

CHR15B

May 5, 2005
Scotland
You can get the kit from Seat, its £130.

In the kit you should have the fogs, 2 grilles, wiring loom, a new switch and a wiring loom.

First you replace the switch by pushing the actual switch in, and turning it to the right, it'll click into place, then you pull it out. Remove the connection from behind it, and replace with the new one.

Remove the front bumper. (There is a tutorial on my website for this).

Fix in the new loom, there will be clips on it, clip it neatly onto the bumper, leave the wires dangling where the fogs will be, have a spanner handy and fix in the grounding wire to the grounding point (next to the battery).

Refit the front bumper, ensure the wires for the fogs are not caught up.

Go to your light unit (drivers side) and remove the connection, snip wire 03 (green) and fix that into your loom for fogs (This is the + connection to Fogs, comes from the light switch).

Grab the bag of fixings, plug in the fog units, TEST!, screw them in, fix the grilles and jobs a goodun!

If you go to a garage they are likely to charge you something silly, the job took me 6 hours (Yeah, laugh! How long did it take you to remove the bumper the first time) but its very easy.

The results are OEM looking, Before and After.

Last edited:

jiege01

Toledo TDI
Jan 11, 2006
Magherafelt, NI
sweet, cheers. do u know if you can buy the loom and switch seperate as the fogs are already there. think the person b4 me only put them in for looks, not for function

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.