Wish my car luck!

mk2gti_andy

Its not a true MK2 unless it fails on atleast 10 things. IT then gives you an excuse to throw loadsa money at it :) Good luck!

TiggsGTI

Rust is fashionable...
Jun 10, 2010
Stirling
www.facebook.com
Well he's been in since 9, the guy took him in as I was still there and said he'd phone me in an hour/ hour and a half. Still no phone call which is typical. I hate the waiting around. If it needs work he would have phoned by now.
Good luck Kezz!

mk2gti_andy

Well he's been in since 9, the guy took him in as I was still there and said he'd phone me in an hour/ hour and a half. Still no phone call which is typical. I hate the waiting around. If it needs work he would have phoned by now.
Good luck Kezz!

Maybe he's taking so long adding up the bill!:lol:

Kidding, im sure its fine mate!

rsmith

Robbie
Apr 28, 2004
Tipperary, Ireland
Good luck Kezz!

Can you not call him and put yourself out of the misery of waiting, on a flip note, no news is good news as they say.

TiggsGTI

Rust is fashionable...
Jun 10, 2010
Stirling
www.facebook.com
:blink:
don't even joke about that! I was thinking it could go either way either he's not needing anything other than the parts i've supplied and that's why theres no phonecall or it's got a whole line up lol

TiggsGTI

Rust is fashionable...
Jun 10, 2010
Stirling
www.facebook.com
Well he's just phoned me.
Indicator bulb at the front, the rear numberplate lights fell again so that needs putting back in, a tyre which I gave him, it needs a velocity joint gaitor, I didn't understand and he said it's coming from vw tomorrow and will be £25, the abs lights on which I knew about and gave him the sensors and finally there is a hole in the floor :cry:
That's alarm bells for me, he's going to weld a plate onto it and said it's not bad it's just small :(
once again I don't think i'll see change from £500 but if it gets him back on the road for another year then it's worth it. Now I know theres a hole in the floor I don't know if it's worth doing anything more to the car.

Last edited:

TiggsGTI

Rust is fashionable...
Jun 10, 2010
Stirling
www.facebook.com
Well he's just phoned me back again and told me not to worry about the hole in the floor it's not from a structural point of view and he's going to let me see it tomorrow apparently it's more like corrosion around a pipe that's turned into a wee hole-drainer pipe? I don't know will have to see it tomorrow.

captain ash

Jan 16, 2008
Doesn't sound too bad! Nothing major, just a few niggley things. You need to remember that when you run cars of this vintage that every part is a consumable part. :)

toonfiend

Hail to the Plug!!!!
Jun 27, 2008
Pretty good result that, at least theres nothing major there. A few quid and another 12 months of motoring, well done tigger!:cheers:

Aug 22, 2008
cannock
well hello ime a happy bunny
she failed but only on :
number plates
2 sidelight bulbs
number plate bulbs
and the bit i knew about the exhaust which is booked in tomorrow :D

been and brought legal number plates bulbs replaced so all good for another year :D

TiggsGTI

Rust is fashionable...
Jun 10, 2010
Stirling
www.facebook.com
Pretty good result that, at least theres nothing major there. A few quid and another 12 months of motoring, well done tigger!:cheers:
Yeah just the usual-bulbs and stuff lol
Thanks

well hello ime a happy bunny
she failed but only on :
number plates
2 sidelight bulbs
number plate bulbs
and the bit i knew about the exhaust which is booked in tomorrow :D

been and brought legal number plates bulbs replaced so all good for another year :D

That's good! -my number plate lights both fell out of the recess again :rolleyes:
Go us!
Next up for tiggs is either coilies or the wheels are going in to get overhauled in a completely different colour!

Aug 22, 2008
cannock
Yeah just the usual-bulbs and stuff lol
Thanks

That's good! -my number plate lights both fell out of the recess again :rolleyes:
Go us!
Next up for tiggs is either coilies or the wheels are going in to get overhauled in a completely different colour!

yea ime well happy mate :D

now we can plan for the future 12 months without worrying :)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.