Wishbone bushes check yours!

MATT RILEY

Oil burner
May 9, 2004
Put my car on the ramp at work and found the front wishbone rear bush collapsed on the o/s and split on the n/s. Now if my car was 10 years old and had 80k on the clock fair enough but its only 4 years old and 36k on the clock!

I gather that seat have modded the bushes to solid ones from reading on here.

Has anyone on here had this problem? and if so did they get any good will from seat? Bearing in mind my car has been out of warrenty for a year now.

Sisson

Club member
Aug 18, 2005
Derbyshire
the PD160 cupra has solid wishbone rear bushes, my car has done 35k in 3 years and i have worn bushes aswell, you can get inserts from powerflex that fit into the voided bushes that the lesser ibiza's have or you can upgrade to the cupra bushes (like im going to)

MATT RILEY

Oil burner
May 9, 2004
I dont realy want to go the powerflex route as suspension needs a bit of give to work properly.The solid bushes sound the way to go.

Am not very impressed with the knackered bushes,this would be a Mot fail and is tharefore a safety issue.I think that seat C/S will get a call.

Anyone else?

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
Get some Cupra bushes in there, an excellent mod :)

Piccie-0019.jpg

And the tool to put em in ;)

Piccie-0017.jpg

Piccie-0015.jpg

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
The tool comes part of the kit supplied to dealers, the whole lot is around £250 iirc.

But I should think one could be made easy enough.

jamesmckelvie

Jun 25, 2004
the more I read of the problems I read with these cars, coupled I have with mine, it makes me realise how crap they are. I have had Honda's in the past that never ever needed any work doing to them. As soon as can afford to I will be buying another Honda. One the other hand great mpg from the Ibiza Tdi, however this must be offset at the cost of replacing parts.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.