Wobble help

webhype

Mar 30, 2008
Wakefield
www.8baller.co.uk
Hey all

had to replace my nearside front tyre yesterday as it had a bulge in it. Just noticed though on motorway on way home at about 70 iv got a slight wobble in steering wheel.

Any advice? I had endless wobble problems with my last cupra after i replaced a tyre so not wanting it to happen again.

Iv done 3000 miles so the other front tyre is slightly worn and now it's got a new one on the other side, what's best way forward? Will I need to buy another front tyre? Or will tracking/ balencing do it?

Or will leaving it a few days to bed in help?

SimonFRTDI

Oct 13, 2009
Bristol
If the tyres have uneven tread this could cause some vibration, as could the balancing/tracking. With all the potholes around, I would not be suprised if this was out, mine was!

Aug 16, 2007
Wolverhampton
Have the wheels rebalanced, and the tracking /alignment checked - it's the cheapest option which could fix your problem.

Out of interest, how dissimilar are the tyres? Budget & Premium? New and almost illegal?

webhype

Mar 30, 2008
Wakefield
www.8baller.co.uk
All pzeros. I'd say hardly worn. Done 2700 miles so not worn much.

How long would you say I have if the tracking doesn't fix it? Like if I need a new front tyre how long till the wear on the current new one will fk up me buying another new one and getting same problem?

Crnt buy another new tyre till next month that's all and don't wanna end up with same situation again lol.

Aug 16, 2007
Wolverhampton
I very much doubt you'll have to buy a new tyre, I'm not a tyre fitter, but I'd rather have both wheels balanced on the same machine rather than seperately.

In 3000 miles you could of thrown a balancing weight or hit a pothole?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.