would you buy a cupra for less than £2,500?

gmjgreg7

I've got my car up in the classified section of the site and on PistonHeads and I'm a bit concerned that the low asking price might be putting some people off! The only things at a similar price are ex-write offs!

To be completely honest I know exactly how much I want for it and if anyone offered that I'd let them take it away, but I think if I put it on for any less its going to start ringing alarm bells unnecessarily!

Any thoughts?

-Greg

s1l3nc3r

ASBO car.
Jun 30, 2008
essex
as above mate.
but if you no exactly how much you want for it why not put it up about £200 more (aslong as it realistic) anyone making an offer is going to go in about that much lower on there 1st ofer anyway.

gmjgreg7

Its done nearly 104,000 miles so the miles are above average. Thats the main reason for the low price, but also the parkers valuation is around the £2,500 mark. There's nothing wrong with it, in fact I've taken a great deal of care with it over the 5 years I've had it.

I'd just like to sell it privately so that the dealer doesn't make some money out of it when I part ex it. I'd preffer to let it go for a bit of a bargain price rather than do that!

gmjgreg7

Hey Sparky, try a bit harder ;-)

What is your mates budget, maybe we can do a deal!

cupramillo

The "Red Baron"
Feb 24, 2008
South London
Thats not a silly milage. To be fair, most people who look to buy these cars have done their reasearch so they know the quality of the cars. I dont think i could let mine go for that amount, id rather keep it. I think you can get 3k for it to be honest, screw parks price guide, they dont offer a true reflection of the cars real value.

Adam R

Diesel ISN'T a Dirty word
Mar 5, 2007
lee in the solent
Its done nearly 104,000 miles so the miles are above average. Thats the main reason for the low price, but also the parkers valuation is around the £2,500 mark. There's nothing wrong with it, in fact I've taken a great deal of care with it over the 5 years I've had it.

I'd just like to sell it privately so that the dealer doesn't make some money out of it when I part ex it. I'd preffer to let it go for a bit of a bargain price rather than do that!

i have been very tempted by your car.only down side is the travel! i could swap most of my mods on to your car then sell my current one cheaper.

if i where to do that i would need a loan though...

gmjgreg7

I've added some more detail to the ad now and looked around a bit more re the asking price, just wait and see what happens with the people who are interested in it at the current price.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
I've added some more detail to the ad now and looked around a bit more re the asking price, just wait and see what happens with the people who are interested in it at the current price.

To quote my wife... it's a shame you don't need another car, otherwise we could go & get that tonight.

the price is right, it's not like it's up at £6k like some of the dreamers

sparkie1984

sparky
Aug 17, 2008
my mates trying so hard to find some funding lol!!

im almost tempted to buy it at that price although i have one lol) itll sell mate, just dont keep knocking it down as it will sell!!

gmjgreg7

The interest has really perked up now... whats that you sometimes hear about the magic figure for a car??? Looks like I've found the right price to get people taking a look at it.

Thanks for all the advice and comments, I should have spent a bit more time asking around here in the first place :)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.