WTF it has an economic mode

mrratty

Aug 10, 2016
Just having a play with the individual set up on driving modes and found an eco mode for engine.

That's one setting that I'll never use. Don't generally use comfort mode let alone want anything softer engine wise.

Sport or cupra only please

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
Try it though, it's quite entertaining if you have the DSG gearbox, as it flicks it to Neutral when you lift off the throttle so you're just freewheeling along. Quite an odd sensation!

YerMaw

Jul 4, 2016
I like to try it ever once in a while just to see what people who drive normal low powered cars have to suffer.

mrratty

Aug 10, 2016
Haha. I'm poverty spec manual. So it cuts power. Must reduce boost. Think I'll avoid that unless the missus takes the car

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Tried it on the way to Nurburgring.

On the way I use ECO mode with suspension set to comfort. On way back I use full Cupra mode (even in sport on gearbox).

Surprise surprise ECO mode gave worse mpg.

Rafterman79

Jul 14, 2011
Eco mode is useless, most efficient way to drive is using the paddles, the auto box doesnt shift up early enough. You can be in 6th gear at about 35 mph by shifting the dsg gear stick left and changing up yourself. 40 mpg out of 280 horsepower car is pretty impressive.

mardon

Feel the DIFFerence
Sep 22, 2008
A bean bag
Economic mode in the manual Cupra seems to shift the torque curve. It feels easier to drive. I tend to leave mine in eco because I hate the noise of the soundactor (spl?). I need to get it switched off.

Deathjam

Aug 24, 2015
Leeds-ish
Eco mode is for when you forget to go to the petrol station when your range is low

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

chris2209

Apr 19, 2016
Comfort mode seems to deactivate the soundactor thingy. I have my individual set up with sporty everything else but comfort mode engine, kind of like a de-powered mode for winter roads

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.