yellow gunk

mef

hi cleaned all breather pipes on 2.0 8v today and found that they were full of black and yellow gunk especi ally the one coming off the block would the yellow gunk mean head gasket thanks

Ben16v

Jan 8, 2007
Glastonbury
www.gmvw.co.uk
Could be that you do lots of very short journey's where the car doesn't get up to temperature to burn it off.

If it runs really hot its possible H/G problems. If not, i suggest a good run and get some heat into it too see what it does.

Have you got an extra oil cooler fitted?

mef

i only use it 2 days a week for work 22 mile journey there and back and my partner uses it 5 days a week for work 6 miles there and back temp is fine water and heating fine but no extra oil cooler fitted

Ben16v

Jan 8, 2007
Glastonbury
www.gmvw.co.uk
i only use it 2 days a week for work 22 mile journey there and back and my partner uses it 5 days a week for work 6 miles there and back temp is fine water and heating fine but no extra oil cooler fitted

I would guess the short 6 mile journeys are what is doing it, get it out for a good run up the motorway or similar without using the heaters too much and get it nice and hot.

That's all it sounds like too me, worth a go as i have a similar thing with mine but its down to the oil cooler which is why i ask.

Catch tank sorts mine out but wouldnt solve your problem.

Cupra Kid

Has a TDI!!
Oct 13, 2005
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
Nothing to worry about, just that time of year woth lots of damp air. Get the oil changed when the wether warms up and your away. Oh and tell your other half to stop driving slow and take the long way home ;)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.