Yellow Mk2 Leon Cupra - New pictures

Nef

Looking Rather Dappa
Mar 30, 2009
Cambridge
HELLO! ;) Its been a while since iv frequented this forum, but im happy to say i shall be back on here now.

Here's some of my previous cars.

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=215102 - Leon Cupra
http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=296637 - E46 330

It all started yesterday whilst out and about, i noticed a rather gorgeous (race spec?) yellow mk2 cupra hooning about. The sound alone was enough to make me go straight home and start searching for a new car. After a whole two and a half minutes looking at Seat approved used cars id chosen a dealer to go hassle.

As soon as id driven into the Letchworth Seat dealership id spotted 2 yellow leons sitting in the corner, having come to look at a black leon i didnt think much about them, but after viewing the black one it seemed to be a little too low spec and not very nice, so after a little walk around i ended up at the yellow Cupra which by this point had grown immensely on me. After talking figures it was time for a test drive. OH MY. :drool: I was in love...............So i went back today and made it mine :D The difference between this and my old E46 was just night and day, cant wait till next Saturday when im going to pick it up.

Anyway, heres a few pictures of my old Cupra and my current BM.

P9030285.jpg

P3261037.jpg

And my new Seat leon Cupra in Crono yellow, which im finding out already is a hard colour to photograph, lol.
022967ee.jpg

4fe57aa1.jpg

eb7f163d.jpg

Hope to see a few of you at meets some time.

Thanks for reading.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Mods List

Decat - Blueflame decat ordered
Tubro back exhaust - Blueflame exhaust ordered
Induction kit - ITG Maxogen Installed
AMD remap
AP Coilovers - Ordered
Forge spacer - Done
Light tint front windows - Done, but will be doing again
New wheel bolt covers.
Poorboys sealant alloys.
LED interior lights.
LED side lights - Done
Spacers front and rear - 20mm Rears, waiting for suspension
Front anti roll bar
Rear anti roll bar.
Black vinyl wrap lower front bumper.

Last edited:

Nef

Looking Rather Dappa
Mar 30, 2009
Cambridge
Thanks mate, none that iv taken but heres some from the advert.

media

media

media

media

is there any way i can find out the actual spec of the car when it was new?

rosshutchie

Jul 25, 2011
Well it looks to have the 'technology pack'. My R has it, which I think consists of sat-nav, front/rear parking sensors and Xenons. Gives it a much more upmarket look. Also the black wheels were probably a cost option when new lol.

Nef

Looking Rather Dappa
Mar 30, 2009
Cambridge
Cool, thanks. I found out that the garage swapped the wheels whilst it was waiting to be sold.

dav

SEAT owner no more...
Feb 2, 2006
Kincardineshire, scotland
looks magic! not a yellow fan in general but the yellow and black works well!

i take about 1-2 months to decide on a car, wish i could do it in a few hours :)

Nef

Looking Rather Dappa
Mar 30, 2009
Cambridge
looks magic! not a yellow fan in general but the yellow and black works well!

i take about 1-2 months to decide on a car, wish i could do it in a few hours :)

ha, magic, lol.

Yeah im incredibly surprised at myself getting a yellow car, i seen a picture of it with silver wheels and dismissed it straight away, i personally think the black wheels transforms the car.

Loving the white and black though bub.

Nef

Looking Rather Dappa
Mar 30, 2009
Cambridge
Collected my Leon today. First impression.................WOW. Iv literally fallen in love with motoring again, i get in the car and honestly dont want to get out, lol. I cant fault the car at all, i love every single bit of it. So thats Seat, :D

few pics from today. Also whats up with the middle of Cupra front bumpers, why are some of the bottom centre bit black and some arnt?

a0c12d9d.jpg

8c8b25be.jpg

5a41f4f0.jpg

0df9fa9d.jpg

Sorry about the picture quality, will have better ones soon.

WeeG

Nov 5, 2008
Largs , Ayrshire
pre-facelift cupra's had the black section on the lip of the bumper, a few people have done the mod to the facelift ones using vinyl wrap.

Beautiful car btw

TWO2TUF

Mar 2, 2009
West Midlands
Awesome motor buddy loving it had a mk2 fr tfsi with BTCC bodystyling biggest mistake i made selling it so looking to get one again if i can sell my MK1 LCR in time seen one that takes my fancy

Nef

Looking Rather Dappa
Mar 30, 2009
Cambridge
Thanks BIGG, got to figure out how to remove the lower grill now without breaking tabs.

Cheers matt.

TW02TUF, Thanks mate, how long you had your MK1?

Today the only mods that got done were a set of LED side lights and removed the dealership sticker from the rear window, not really worth a picture, lol.

Also made a future mods list :D In no particular order.

Miltek Turbo back exhaust, probably not miltek decat pipe.
Induction kit.
AMD remap
Coilovers, maybe H&R.
Dump valve.
Light tint front windows.
New wheel bolt covers.
Poorboys sealant alloys.
LED interior lights.
LED side lights.
Spacers front and rear.
Front anti roll bar
Rear anti roll bar.

Last edited:

Nef

Looking Rather Dappa
Mar 30, 2009
Cambridge
Iv spent most of this afternoon tinting my front windows, iv done it a few times before for mates so kind of knew how to go about it, well so i though anyway :( all was going well until i have finished and held it up to the light. Turns out id been incredibly stupid and had used the same cloth all the way through the process, which had obviously gotten dirty. The end result is a large amount of dirty smear marks between the film and the window.:censored:

Guess ill just have to do it again at somepoint :D

DSC02016.jpg

DSC02015.jpg

And a picture i got whilst out and about.

DSC02039.jpg

Nef

Looking Rather Dappa
Mar 30, 2009
Cambridge
Not much of an update today, but figured I'd document it anyway, lol.

My first couple of items started to turn up today but shall be waiting until Friday before I fit anything. I received my OEM rev D valve (soon after receiving it I realised I already have one on the car :) Also got my forge spacer.

Also gotten my engine bay almost ready for ITG kit, decided it needed a bit of a clean after removing my engine cover.

Before
f328d329.jpg

After
5d7ca372.jpg

bd2059dc.jpg

Ed@Letchworth

Now I wonder where I have seen this car before ;) (its edward101 by the way). Glad your enjoying the car, looks like you have got some good plans for it too! The black wheels really do make the car stand out. Did you see our Kiwi Green Cupra with black wheels and roof?? Now that is striking! :lol:

Nef

Looking Rather Dappa
Mar 30, 2009
Cambridge
Ha ha yeah i wonder, thanks.

lmao, yeah now that thing was........erm......individual. lol, fancy a little photoshoot sometime mate?

Nef

Looking Rather Dappa
Mar 30, 2009
Cambridge
*Update*

Today i received and installed my ITG Maxogen CAI kit. I absolutely love the sound my car now makes. The throttle response does seem to feel a little sharper. Unfortunately because of the noise now produced i can expect my MPG to go down :).

Not too sure what to save up for next, its either going to be decat turbo back exhaust or suspension.

Few installation pics
DSC02051.jpg

DSC02052.jpg

DSC02057.jpg

rosshutchie

Jul 25, 2011
Very nice. Going to be buying the ITG myself in the next few weeks for my R. A plastic battery box would tidy up your bay a bit :)

Nef

Looking Rather Dappa
Mar 30, 2009
Cambridge
Very nice. Going to be buying the ITG myself in the next few weeks for my R. A plastic battery box would tidy up your bay a bit :)

Thanks, awesome mate, you'll love it.

What car are they off of mate? Do you know the price for one?

Cheers.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.