Yellow warning light in rev counter

asthpsw

Apr 23, 2004
Southampton
I've got a yellow warning light in my rev counter continually on (the one like the side view of an engine)....in booklet says "Exhaust fault".....I assume this could mean the O2 (Lambda sensor)..as per booklet took it to dealer who said "don't worry just drive it around for 24 hours and da number of starts of the engine and it will probably clear...we had one yesterday".

Anyone else had this fault and do you know what it was in the end ? (if my guess is right and the O2 sensor has gone then I'm hoping it's turned off the EGR !!!!!!!!!!!!!)

I gave it a good run yesterday 200mile of mainly motorway., then didn't 50 miles this morning & when I turn off & then restarted came on and stayed on.....since then done 25 miles & about 10 starts.

Thanks

Paul

asthpsw

Apr 23, 2004
Southampton
The fault was traced to the DPF Differential pressure sensor. Once replaced the low speed flexability and smoothness improved ! I can't understand this as surely this sensor has no influence on the running of the engine ? (I thought that it was to estalblish how full the DPF is). If this sensor had been left 'duff' how does it establish the amount in the DPF ? Is there a change in the engine map until the error code is cleared from the ECU ?
Thanks
Paul