Yes, Yes, Yes, I Have an AUQ Engine!!

Manney

Hi,
New on here and just bought a 2000 x reg cupra with all the toys and electric leather seats. Basically sold my Lotus Elise in early summer had a run around for a bit then saw the Leon and fell for it and bought it straight away not knowing about the APP and AUQ engine thing. Glad to say I have an AUQ.

Paid £5000 from main dealer with new cam belt, water pump, 4 new tyres, 12 months tax / MOT and 12 months warrenty.

Just a few questions:

Is this car quite rare with the auq engine?
What sort of power can I get from a remap?

:D:

BCM

Keyboard Gangster
Feb 1, 2005
Wishaw, North Lanarkshire
Just search mate, been discussed tones of time, if you look on the website of the tuners and take that as a max bhp!
Jabba, Revo, CC, Bell, Angel, APR, P-Torque, could prob keep going but you get the idea!

DodgyDave

May 15, 2007
Glasgow, Scotland
Got the same car (X plate, late 2000, with the AUQ lump in it).

Just a re-map will make 210-220bhp but power will die off over 5k rpm, exhaust, air filter & a few other cheap bits with a good custom map it'll get up to 230 (turbo is max'ed out at this!!!).

Dave

danieltm

Bit of Jabba magic!
Aug 26, 2006
Norwich
Whats so bad about the APP engine?

Mine is APP and i dont think there is anything wrong with it? Its all to do with the Ko3 and Ko3s turbo. From what i have read that is the only difference. The Ko3s is better if your going to tune the car i think? :shrug:

shamoo

Jan 3, 2007
i have a 53 (reg in 04) cupra R (225) do these come in different engines? if so how do you tell?

danieltm

Bit of Jabba magic!
Aug 26, 2006
Norwich
I thought it was just the mk3 Ibiza that had the KO3 and all the Leons had KO3s

Mine is the 20VT sport and i have Ko3. I think its some of the very earler leons which had this turbo. I have read endless threads on thye APP and AUQ thing but still dont real see why its such an issue?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.