York Raceway

ian_cupra

My first ever 1/4 mile runs yesterday!

Best run :- 14.195 secs
100.59 mph

got 5 runs in total, worst was the first one, which was a 14.575.

what you guys think, i was happy with results anyway, but i dunno what times are good for cupra's??

ian

Dec 31, 2005
London
sounds good to me mate, low 14's high 13's are very good for a cupra, most of those come from k03s cupras but alex from tts managed a 13.8 from k03.
what mods you running? can read your sig and it mentions nothing of a k03s or even a remap which if is true 14.195 is a brilliant time.

Essex_Cupra

May 14, 2004
Wouldn't the torque be higher with a remap? Although I would guess from 202bhp that he probably has had a remap.

Good Result.

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
Depends what sort of map it is i guess, but im not sure that the mods he has would give 50ish bhp and around the same torque? With out a map.

David.

ian_cupra

hi guys, yeah sorry forgot to put re-map up.

i was a little suprised by re-map torque figure but it was done nearly 2 years ago now and before all the mods.

just running a k03 at the min.

that 202 was done at christmas, think it should be a little more now, fitted FMIC, TIP and sports cat and dp since then. Got another R R on saturday though.

ian_cupra

the 202 bit been there ages.

yeah just looking at your spec, lol. hope i get summin like that. think i need another re-map really, waiting though, cos off to see jbs soon ;)

Dec 31, 2005
London
ive got k03s, tip, fmic, 007p, n249 bypass, blueflame d/p & sports cat, scorpion cat back, evo shield, tt short shift, standard airbox with green panel filter and cai.
never been on a rr, or a 1/4 mile but prob running about 230bhp/250lb/ft
will be soon though, always wondered how people get good starts on a race strip without getting wheelspin, how high can you get the revs before you dip the clutch?

JBS Sales

the 202 bit been there ages.

yeah just looking at your spec, lol. hope i get summin like that. think i need another re-map really, waiting though, cos off to see jbs soon ;)

Lets get you booked in mate :D

Mike!

ian_cupra

give us some money then mike and i'll be booked in! lol. shame you guys dont do finance!

ian_cupra

always wondered how people get good starts on a race strip without getting wheelspin, how high can you get the revs before you dip the clutch?

i was revving to about 2500 and gently bringing the clutch up, got it down to a tee on the last run.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members