You Know You have a mk2 Ibiza When........

Mythbuster

Oct 6, 2010
Made, The Netherlands
When you read this argument and you ask yourself how 8v's are so poo, because the one you own is fine :confused:.... And then you realise the 8v you own is a 1400 :redface:

And yup, even though I haven't been posting here a lot lately, that little red pre-facelift is still running perfectly fine, with 132.352 on the clock :D And it's grown some foglights too :confused:

Big-Pete

Always on the Limit
Aug 8, 2010
what was your 16V Pete.. 143 bhp?.. you had both mine and Cluurs (beezertarts ) 8 valvers running at @ 133bhp without any real mods to engine etc so your hardly qualified to blow it out yer arse ;)

:rolleyes:

mine had no engine mods.

apart from, airbox drillage with drop in filter and a blowing saurst,
and some vac lines in orange

last time i chekced 143 is still 10bhp more then 133bhp ;) x

Brummy

Nazi Moderator-Bot
Mar 6, 2005
Moved to the DarkSide
mine had no engine mods.

apart from, airbox drillage with drop in filter and a blowing saurst,
and some vac lines in orange

last time i chekced 143 is still 10bhp more then 133bhp ;) x

piss poor excuse seeing as mine had no mods either apart from a mk3 Cupra backbox and was lowered.

and yes, admittedly, 143 IS more than 133.. but 16 is EIGHT MORE VALVES than I was running :whistle:

Brummy

Nazi Moderator-Bot
Mar 6, 2005
Moved to the DarkSide
Oh, and if you wanna talk TORQUE..... 139.4 lb.ft thats ONE THREE NINE POINT FOUR, Pete... whats it yours says in your sig?? 130 i hear you say?????!?!?!?!?!?!!!?

Pfffffffttt !! [B)]

:happy:

Caffienated

Dec 2, 2009
Bristol
When people compare it to a golf when actually its a polo :D

Being picky, it's not all Polo... (depends on model)... Mine has a whacking great lump of Golf in the bonnet and some fair sized chunks of Golf around the back end too.

But yeah, some ppl just compare anything VAG against a Golf...

hairypothead

Nov 28, 2011
chezy derbyshire
when you want to add a vw badge to turn it into a polo playa look it up its a South African stole a ibiza and put a vw badge on it and sold it like that

when ppl keep tryin to put it down then tell you its german? narh its from spain get ur facts right u dont even no where its made so im douting you no anything about my car :p

Last edited:

Ajloy

Agree to the people trying to put you down saying it's "a golf" "poor mans vw" etc etc the usuall crap.... T
They will never understand until they own one!

Ajloy

Good to see you again LMj.
oooo is it time already! :).
Theres a slight story tho she's sadly gone prob just a cube of metal somewhere :(.
I am more than happy to show her in her glory days tho.

Have only recently purchased another mk2 seeing it online then just having to see it!
Thought I'd never have one just yet but surprising.

Mythbuster

Oct 6, 2010
Made, The Netherlands
a cube of metal

Hold the freakin phone.... You scrapped a pre-facelift GTI? D:
Well... That's... annoying to say the least :( I'd still never sell mine! Why would you do such a horrible thing! :(

Just kidding, when they're not worth it anymore, I guess you should really just sell /scrap it... Personally, I'd never do that :D
Recently looked up what is allowed as for engine mods, best engine I can go for without needing a new test thingy would be a 1.8 8v... I'm pretty sure that's... Not half-bad :D

And to stay on-topic

You know you have a mk2 when you go for it's MOT, thinking nothing can go wrong apart from the rear wheels being in need of new tires.

Then it decides to go all CO2 on that *beeeep* and 'actually' fail the MOT with too high emisions(I did forget to get the engine nice and hot before I went there, but oh well..)

BUT what would only happen to a mk2 Ibiza:

When I asked the guy if it passed or not, he said: 'well... It shouldn't actually pass, cause it failed the emisions.. just. But it only barely failed emisions, and I can clearly see you've spent a lot of time on a cheap old car to get it to look good, the rest was perfect, nothing wrong, so it would be kinda mean to fail it on something that's probably just a rather cold motor or dirty oil , so I'll give it the benefit of the doubt and pass it'

:lol:

Am I a lucky bugger or not? :D

Having the oil replaced + new air filter + new fuel filter as soon as possible though, and 2 new tires again!

Last edited:

partyboy

when you have an 8v and 16v :funk:

when people realise it does not have a locking fuel cap and syphen your fuel :(

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise