Your opinion please....

beezertart

**MAYHEM**
Sep 11, 2007
beyond the sun
Hi All,

Right ,let's try again:cry: try and make it shorter in case i lose it again...

1- Chrome or black angel eyes on kiwi green mk2?? found a chrome set over here for 95-99,mine reg'd aug 98 on r plate.was gonna go german but having read the thread on here will avoid due to lhd/rhd issues,shame cos they damn cheap!! should these fit properly as don't want it to look like a bodge effort!!??
come with a 7day return if not satisfied and are e-marked and road legal etc,so gotta be worth a bash,wot ya think??

2- please don't virtually slap me for asking this but having read a thread on here am suffering dumb blonde confusion!!
What's the diff between a cupra and a gti mk 2 if any, have always been under the impression mine's a cupra sport gti.....am i being blonde?? just what was said in that thread,can't check papers at mo as actually sposed to be workin not shirkin'!!!:p just wonderin'??

Happy Days

Cheers
Claire

Boi Ninja

16 valves of sweet shhhhh
Dec 23, 2005
Enfield, Shanktown
1 - imo BLACK! chrome seems too chavvy these days, dnt get me wrong they look nice but man chavs make chrome looks cheap and tacky.

2 - ...use the search button at the top and you can find most things. but ill be nice hehe, gti cupra sport (what i have) is just a less kitted version i.e. without Air con, and sunroof. and the GTi has these things. their both GTi's though.

Boi Ninja

16 valves of sweet shhhhh
Dec 23, 2005
Enfield, Shanktown
Cupra sport was a light weight version of the GTi, and so had no sun roof and 40% or something less sound proofing.
Any 2L is a GTi...

And personally id stick with the original headlights... others can look like an after thought sometimes

ahh beat me to it, :redface: i knew i shouldnt have gone down to get that cookie.

beezertart

**MAYHEM**
Sep 11, 2007
beyond the sun
Thanks Guys,

Yep i know it was a dumb question but thought i'd ask,so mine is a cupra sport,been moanin'bout the lack of air con since i got it!! but hey got it cheap,well i thought so! so can't complain.

Did think that about chrome but now you've really stumped me on what to do...black or standard.Think Seat are taking the p*** tho wantin £95 for one headlight,yeah i know it's the twin spots but still think its a liberty when you can get sets for less! Asked everywhere,just missed one on ebay seems is Seat dealer only part.....

Maybe just save my pennies and get conversion grille or are these out as well??

beezertart

**MAYHEM**
Sep 11, 2007
beyond the sun
Some f@&*r smashed it,well seems that way given thickness of glass,still workin' tho so haven't replaced it while it's still light til late!!been about 8wks now,naughty i know but hey,trying to save pennies!

just missed one on ebay as was workin'. by 50p as well,gutted:blink:!!

Mckellar

:lol: ringer!

Cupra sport GTI is lighter than a GTI, GTI's also came with a sunroof, which if im honest i miss compared to my 1.4 that had it.

Mckellar

i've got a factory order sheet, i will check later and see if its a factory extra.

no doubt was, and possibly cost £3000 knowing dealerships

Chrome angel eyes don't look too bad on a kiwi

main.php

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members