https://m.facebook.com/ManicMotorsport1
Dec 4, 2018
Hemel hempstead
www.seatcupra.net
Today's little project . Pull off the TFSi oil gear
IMG-20240201-WA0014.jpeg

They look the same but they are a different size
20240201_145012.jpg

The new 1.8t gear is in the oven heating up .
17068012031074832108909654181836.jpg

BadBoy03

A Mk1 Is For Life, Not Just For Fun
Sep 6, 2016
Somerset
Went to replace brakes - discs & pads - only to find the passenger rear caliper is totally seized

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I swear, any job you think is going to be straight forward, even down to loosening a few simple screws, it never f ing is!
I replaced my antenna a few weeks back, easy enough job. That was until removing the plastic. One screw fell out, no thread, the other was stuck in spinning.
I got around that, but then replacing all the trim/plastic after I finished was an absolute nightmare. For the life of me, I still can't get it to sit tight like it was before. It was any icy day, I was sat in the boot & the swear words poured out of my mouth. 😡
Good luck m8, I feel your pain.

Reactions: Manic172 and bruceR

Manic172

https://m.facebook.com/ManicMotorsport1
Dec 4, 2018
Hemel hempstead
www.seatcupra.net
Right. If you lot can keep a secret. I have some photos of some thing that is being made for me... but these are NOT ment be be public. So if you all promis not to share or show other forums, the book of face etc.. I will post them in my build page.. but you have to promise 🤚📕💒

Reactions: Alexis27

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
Right. If you lot can keep a secret. I have some photos of some thing that is being made for me... but these are NOT ment be be public. So if you all promis not to share or show other forums, the book of face etc.. I will post them in my build page.. but you have to promise

Promise not to tell a sole about………….wait what was I going to tell

Reactions: Manic172

BadBoy03

A Mk1 Is For Life, Not Just For Fun
Sep 6, 2016
Somerset
Right. If you lot can keep a secret. I have some photos of some thing that is being made for me... but these are NOT ment be be public. So if you all promis not to share or show other forums, the book of face etc.. I will post them in my build page.. but you have to promise 🤚📕💒
Not a peep from me 🙊. You won't even find me on dem sites...unless it's OF? 😂😂🤮

Reactions: Manic172

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018

Best thing about it is that it hasn't failed because of anything I've done.

When the headlight bolt snapped I didn't know if I'd bent the panel drilling it out, that and the fact the re-tapped hole was slightly off centre. How on earth do you align headlamps anyway? Turns out I didn't have to worry - about that, or the fact my front number plate is a post-Brexit UK plate and the rear one an EU GB plate. Should be an instant MoT fail that - horrifying lack of attention to detail.

Nathan penney

Jul 8, 2017
Liverpool
Best thing about it is that it hasn't failed because of anything I've done.

When the headlight bolt snapped I didn't know if I'd bent the panel drilling it out, that and the fact the re-tapped hole was slightly off centre. How on earth do you align headlamps anyway? Turns out I didn't have to worry - about that, or the fact my front number plate is a post-Brexit UK plate and the rear one an EU GB plate. Should be an instant MoT fail that - horrifying lack of attention to detail.

With you on the number plates there mate.
Ive been running my daily motor for 9 months with a blue EU one on the back and a plain one on the front. Don’t know how I’ve slept at night. Worse thing is I’ve had two brand new matching ones in the shed since a week after I got the car and I just haven’t put them on yet. :eek:

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.