what have you done to your car today ?

MoToJoJo

Mar 25, 2014
Northants
Little bit of info regarding water leaks, people probably know this but still. Plus it may be of limited use.

The motorised flap below the pollen filter only closes when you turn off the fans/HVAC, otherwise it'll stay in the open position even with the ignition off. It's not waterproof per se when closed, but it will slow ingress.

Reactions: iammooks

Nam-uk

May 11, 2011
lancashire.
Little bit of info regarding water leaks, people probably know this but still. Plus it may be of limited use.

The motorised flap below the pollen filter only closes when you turn off the fans/HVAC, otherwise it'll stay in the open position even with the ignition off. It's not waterproof per se when closed, but it will slow ingress.
Seal under the pollen box needs replacing, its the same foam seal used on the inner door panels when lock is replaced, the foam on the flap is the same crumbling foam i just took that off so it don't get into the system as when the box was removed it was all at the bottom when doing the pollen box seal replacement, not a big job worth doing

Nam-uk

May 11, 2011
lancashire.
Now that looks like a good deal.

I'm not doing miles at the moment so probably won't replace the tyres until nearer the next MoT, but I don't think I've tried Goodyear before - are they any good?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I had the same dilemma there was around a 1mm on tyres some lower, but that same deal come up but for £332 i got the AS6 coming from the F1 Asymmetric 2 very good i did not think id notice a difference with AS6 but it was big, its ether that or Michelin pilot there both in the same league, i got around 18k out of the AS2 also the AS6 are EV ready so they have a heavier side wall I'm dam sure its that what makes the car a smother ride, you might see the same deal or around that at Halfords as they bought out National tyres, at that price and your near limit id get them as I've not seen them that low and fitted, 90 quid and upwards them tyres normally

https://www.goodyear.eu/en_gb/consumer/why-goodyear/eagle-f1-asymmetric-6.html

Manic172

https://m.facebook.com/ManicMotorsport1
Dec 4, 2018
Hemel hempstead
www.seatcupra.net
Searching threw ebay. I have found and bought many things for the racecar. For example I got this
20240221_233137.jpg

Almost like new 034 motorsport bone mount. / stableizer mount. Got it pretty cheap.
I do come across may thing that would be useful to others. So was thinking about a about a section of "found on ebay"
But this has 2 effects. 1... spreading useful stuff for sale to people who may not have seen it.
2... but of a down side. For example I am bidding on it. And then others on here see it. Then you start bidding against each other and the price goes up.. so you bargin isn't so much of a bargain...
Any ideas on this .

Battoussai

Mar 22, 2016
Portugal
Searching threw ebay. I have found and bought many things for the racecar. For example I got this View attachment 40810
Almost like new 034 motorsport bone mount. / stableizer mount. Got it pretty cheap.
I do come across may thing that would be useful to others. So was thinking about a about a section of "found on ebay"
But this has 2 effects. 1... spreading useful stuff for sale to people who may not have seen it.
2... but of a down side. For example I am bidding on it. And then others on here see it. Then you start bidding against each other and the price goes up.. so you bargin isn't so much of a bargain...
Any ideas on this .
Well, you got a point there.... Bottom line: everybody wants a bargain sooooo why not a Sherlock Holmes thing? Just post a picture of the item but don't send the ebay link. If I really want it I will go and dig for it on Ebay.

Reactions: Manic172

Alexis27

Dec 20, 2009
Manchester
I had the same dilemma there was around a 1mm on tyres some lower, but that same deal come up but for £332 i got the AS6 coming from the F1 Asymmetric 2 very good i did not think id notice a difference with AS6 but it was big, its ether that or Michelin pilot there both in the same league, i got around 18k out of the AS2 also the AS6 are EV ready so they have a heavier side wall I'm dam sure its that what makes the car a smother ride, you might see the same deal or around that at Halfords as they bought out National tyres, at that price and your near limit id get them as I've not seen them that low and fitted, 90 quid and upwards them tyres normally

https://www.goodyear.eu/en_gb/consumer/why-goodyear/eagle-f1-asymmetric-6.html

I didn't like the look of the Goodyears because they have rounder sidewalls.

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
0df6ad8e00fbb302a4c14b55982957ad.jpg

Anyone got any use for these?

Nothing wrong with either - the bonnet has my tatty rattle can job, and the door the lacquer is coming off below where the window seal goes.

I feel bad about taking them to the tip, especially as there's nothing wrong with them, but the landlord isn't too fond.

Free to collect from Brighton and can keep a few more months if you need to plan a visit south...

Reactions: BadBoy03 and Nam-uk

BadBoy03

A Mk1 Is For Life, Not Just For Fun
Sep 6, 2016
Somerset
0df6ad8e00fbb302a4c14b55982957ad.jpg

Anyone got any use for these?

Nothing wrong with either - the bonnet has my tatty rattle can job, and the door the lacquer is coming off below where the window seal goes.

I feel bad about taking them to the tip, especially as there's nothing wrong with them, but the landlord isn't too fond.

Free to collect from Brighton and can keep a few more months if you need to plan a visit south...

Can you sell them? Too good for the tip & all spares are valuable for our old work horses. I'm sure you'd get a good price.

Reactions: iammooks

GORDYDJ

Mar 9, 2024
Nothing yet apart from reading a lot & watching videos of what I can/could/need to do when I get my 2009 1.9 TDI Leon S. Hopefully tomorrow, though probably have to wait til Tuesday.

Alexis27

Dec 20, 2009
Manchester
Don't see many of those I thought when I looked out of the window, until I looked up the reg. Somebody's gone to a lot of effort to tart up their diesel...

IMG_4179.jpg

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
Don't see many of those I thought when I looked out of the window, until I looked up the reg. Somebody's gone to a lot of effort to tart up their diesel...

View attachment 41371

The mileage history on that car is a sight to behold. 5,000 miles in the first five years, then 32,000 in the space of a year.

Horrified to discover it's not a real Maybach.

Reactions: Alexis27

Nathan penney

Jul 8, 2017
Liverpool
Well, after nearly 7 years of happy motoring with my grey R, today it was time to say goodbye and hand it over to it’s new owner.
I still have the yellow one so I won’t be going anywhere but after giving it much thought I decided that one R is enough. Seeing as fair weather driving and car shows are pretty much the only time they get used I think the yellow one pips the grey with the wow factor and with our yellow MX5 too they make a nice pair.
I’ve maintained that car properly and it’s been looked after by Awsome GTi since I’ve had it and it’s never missed a beat.
It wasn’t an easy decision to let it go but I like to look after car’s meticulously and with 5 cars in the household it was starting to get rather expensive so whilst it’s still in top condition both bodywork and mechanically it was time to move it on.
Hopefully with a few more jobs ticked off the list with the yellow one this year I’m hoping that one gives me as many happy miles.
Goodbye my old chap. :cry:
289807F8-C780-436D-B341-D70162491F1A.jpeg

g60stu

Feb 9, 2003
Reading
Well, after nearly 7 years of happy motoring with my grey R, today it was time to say goodbye and hand it over to it’s new owner.
I still have the yellow one so I won’t be going anywhere but after giving it much thought I decided that one R is enough. Seeing as fair weather driving and car shows are pretty much the only time they get used I think the yellow one pips the grey with the wow factor and with our yellow MX5 too they make a nice pair.
I’ve maintained that car properly and it’s been looked after by Awsome GTi since I’ve had it and it’s never missed a beat.
It wasn’t an easy decision to let it go but I like to look after car’s meticulously and with 5 cars in the household it was starting to get rather expensive so whilst it’s still in top condition both bodywork and mechanically it was time to move it on.
Hopefully with a few more jobs ticked off the list with the yellow one this year I’m hoping that one gives me as many happy miles.
Goodbye my old chap. :cry:
View attachment 41409
Sorry to see you’ve sold it. But glad you have another one to focus your time on.

Reactions: Nathan penney
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members