Crap! I've just hit a kerb

Oct 31, 2006
Lichfield, Staffs
I've just been to pick my sister up from a friends house.

On the way back going really slowly through the estate went around a corner and I hit a kerb with the front right wheel

It's now not straight!? The passenger side wheel is straight! The steering wheel isn't straight either.

What's happened and how can I fix it?!?!

I'm a bit worried!!! What should I do!?

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
I've just been to pick my sister up from a friends house.

On the way back going really slowly through the estate went around a corner and I hit a kerb with the front right wheel

It's now not straight!? The passenger side wheel is straight! The steering wheel isn't straight either.

What's happened and how can I fix it?!?!

I'm a bit worried!!! What should I do!?

Someone did exactly the same thing earlier this week. they had to have their wishbones replaced. i will find the thread for you...

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
Yes, in short - you've bent something :)

And you'll need to get it fixed as A) it won't handle at all, and B) it'll eat your tyres up in no time.

Cupra_Jay

Orange Wheels FTW!!
Oct 25, 2006
Pub!!
heres the link mate. its a bit lengthy but i'd imagine exactly the same thing has happened. http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=110451

you beat me to it!!! :cartman:

yeah, i smacked a curb last time it snowed and bent my wishbone. had both my upper and lower bits replaced and i had something replaced on my wishbone.

have you got any pics of the damage? does your wheel sit like mine does in the arch as my wheel didnt sit straight either. and my TC light was on constantly

Oct 31, 2006
Lichfield, Staffs
Just got back from the garage.

I've bent the track rod end so that's being replaced and I'm getting them to do the tracking too when fixed. That'll be done on Monday so I'm carless till then :(.

Bit of a bummer, but these things happen :(.

Ed: What would that do, and how much would they cost?

EdButler

Apr 24, 2005
Sheffield
Standard bushes have voids in them which basically crack and perish by the 2 year/30k ish mark... The Voids are so they can move slightly however it makes the turn in quite laggy and less responsive. Although if its only the track rod end theres little point i guess!

The cupra bushes are solid btw - they wont deteriorate and provide a slightly firmer ride with more confident steering and road response.