My Leon fr 2.0 tdi Photos ( carefull with engine tuning )

MitraShark

Jul 6, 2006
Ok so where do you get RS4's like that with the Seat logo? Or is that some kind of cap?

The wheels are replicas and they came with the seat caps. The wheels are 18 x 8.
Larger than 8 joules and the wheels will stay out of the car.

jlovrek

Dec 16, 2006
Croatia
i'm going for 18x8.5 with et45 on 225/40/18... and this would be just fine... i'll post pictures when i get it... i saw that you have bluetooth... but now, when you have alpine radio, it doesn't work anymore, right?

MitraShark

Jul 6, 2006
i'm going for 18x8.5 with et45 on 225/40/18... and this would be just fine... i'll post pictures when i get it... i saw that you have bluetooth... but now, when you have alpine radio, it doesn't work anymore, right?

wrong! lol it works just like oem! And didn`t lost the commands in the steering wheel.

Cheers.

jlovrek

Dec 16, 2006
Croatia
original bluetooth works on aftermarket? how is that possible? or you think about some other aftermarket bluetooth? my friend that is mechanic in seat here in croatia, says that's impossible because, bluetooth is communicate with radio with VAG digital canbus, and that doesn't support any aftermarket radio.

MitraShark

Jul 6, 2006
hm, sorry, you don't have bluetooth, you have standard handsfree with wire...

No! I have bluetooth!! lol And it works just fine!! The phone you see in the picture is conected to the car by bluetooth. The guys who instaled my sound system conected the bluetooth has auxilary. If you want i`ll make a video and prove it to you.

Here is the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Vmsv9Zix7k

Last edited:

Tam

Santa in disguise :)
Feb 10, 2005
Near Reevo :)
hm, sorry, you don't have bluetooth, you have standard handsfree with wire...

Pics show a large MFD therefore he has seat bluetooth.

My guess is that the bluetooth is not part of the radui, but works like a 3rd party aftermarket system where it just connects to the wires that come from the radio.

This means that you can change the radio without affecting the bluetooth.

Makes sense.

Skinfakse

Mar 3, 2006
Denmark
Looks very nice! :D

But dang... I can now see, that I have used your car (with the 207bhp tuning) as a "meassurement" of how fast a standard FR TDI is... without knowing it was tuned! (found the video on youtube a couple of weeks ago)

That was why I wrote the following in another thread ("FR blew me away" or something like that)!

I would say that the FR TDI and the TFSI are almost identical in their midrange acceleration... with the TFSI being a little bit faster, but not something worth mention!

I got a TFSI sport up my self, and I have tried a FR TDI! - In comparison they really feel much the same when we talk about midrange acceleration... but they are of course pretty different to drive! - No doubt about that from 0 to 100km/h the TDI can’t keep up with the TFSI...!

I have measured my own car by recording the rev counter and speedometer on video and then measured the speed! (not the best way, I admit that... but I tried a couple of times and are pretty satisfied with the result, even though I grant its not EXCATELY accurate compared to professional equipment!)

My TFSI (not an FR so it should only produce 185hp... but as mentioned before, a lot of them produce around 200hp in reality) goes from 60 - 140km/h (3. and 4. gear) in a little less than 9 seconds, and from 65 - 145km/h (only in 4. gear) in a little more than 9 seconds!

I have seen a video of a guy (maybe girl) pulling of from 60 - 140km/h in about 9 seconds in a Leon FR TDI... (guess that it was in 3. and 4. gear) so I believe they are - as I said before - almost identical in their midrange acceleration!

If the FR TFSI really has around 15hp more than my car (I have tried one as well... but it was hard to tell a difference), then I believe it must be slightly faster than the FR TDI in the midrange acceleration... but again... I don’t think it’s much!

Now that I know the FR TDI on Youtube (your car) is tuned, I am not so sure about how the real figures are for the standard FR TDI! :redface:

jlovrek

Dec 16, 2006
Croatia
No! I have bluetooth!! lol And it works just fine!! The phone you see in the picture is conected to the car by bluetooth. The guys who instaled my sound system conected the bluetooth has auxilary. If you want i`ll make a video and prove it to you.

Here is the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Vmsv9Zix7k

hm, excellent if that is true! really!!! hm, can you ask your audio-installer to post what pin on connector from bluetooth is giving a signal to headunit? nobody here don't know how to connect bluetooth to aftermarket radio

MitraShark

Jul 6, 2006
Looks very nice! :D

But dang... I can now see, that I have used your car (with the 207bhp tuning) as a "meassurement" of how fast a standard FR TDI is... without knowing it was tuned! (found the video on youtube a couple of weeks ago)

That was why I wrote the following in another thread ("FR blew me away" or something like that)!

I would say that the FR TDI and the TFSI are almost identical in their midrange acceleration... with the TFSI being a little bit faster, but not something worth mention!

I got a TFSI sport up my self, and I have tried a FR TDI! - In comparison they really feel much the same when we talk about midrange acceleration... but they are of course pretty different to drive! - No doubt about that from 0 to 100km/h the TDI can’t keep up with the TFSI...!

I have measured my own car by recording the rev counter and speedometer on video and then measured the speed! (not the best way, I admit that... but I tried a couple of times and are pretty satisfied with the result, even though I grant its not EXCATELY accurate compared to professional equipment!)

My TFSI (not an FR so it should only produce 185hp... but as mentioned before, a lot of them produce around 200hp in reality) goes from 60 - 140km/h (3. and 4. gear) in a little less than 9 seconds, and from 65 - 145km/h (only in 4. gear) in a little more than 9 seconds!

I have seen a video of a guy (maybe girl) pulling of from 60 - 140km/h in about 9 seconds in a Leon FR TDI... (guess that it was in 3. and 4. gear) so I believe they are - as I said before - almost identical in their midrange acceleration!

If the FR TFSI really has around 15hp more than my car (I have tried one as well... but it was hard to tell a difference), then I believe it must be slightly faster than the FR TDI in the midrange acceleration... but again... I don’t think it’s much!

Now that I know the FR TDI on Youtube (your car) is tuned, I am not so sure about how the real figures are for the standard FR TDI! :redface:

I can tell you it`s not a hugeeee diference. The car remaped had 207 hp at the engine and 165 hp at the wheels. Stock is making 187 hp in engine and 150 hp at wheels. The biggest diference is in the torque. 428 nm vs 340 nm stock.

If i have chance these weekend i`ll make a video with the car stock.

Cheers.

k4ith

Goodson!
Sep 3, 2006
West Lothian
Mitra, thats the best looking FR i have seen, good choice of alloys, stereo looks good.Good to see a change of brakes as in my opinion the standard brakes aren't that good an upgrade is def required, can you tell me the make & model of the shark fin aerial you have fitted to.
a nice set of rear lights from hella would round it of nicely too!
10/10 fella.

MitraShark

Jul 6, 2006
Mitra, thats the best looking FR i have seen, good choice of alloys, stereo looks good.Good to see a change of brakes as in my opinion the standard brakes aren't that good an upgrade is def required, can you tell me the make & model of the shark fin aerial you have fitted to.
a nice set of rear lights from hella would round it of nicely too!
10/10 fella.

Thank you very much mate! :) I don`t know the make of the antena, sorry. I bought it in a regular car material shop. About the lights... i bought the hella dark ones in November and let me tell you it aint dark!It`s way lighter than it`s showed in the hella web site lol looks dark in the hands, but in the car it`s pretty shiny!! shiny is not for my taste. I`ll post some pictures later.

cheers.

RichLCR225

Dec 4, 2006
North Yorkshire
Your FR looks fantastic, I really like the colour scheme on the leather interior and the Leon should come as standard with an antenna like that, it looks very cool!

RichGrantham

Mitra, as with several of the other comments, the best FR I have seen. Just got my FR TDI, and now sorting out some interior accessories. I have the Seat Sport Inner Door Sills, but cannot find any official Seat aluminium / stainless OUTER sill covers in the UK. I notice in one of your pics you have inner & outers attached, where did you get the outer sill covers? Thanks, Rich.

MitraShark

Jul 6, 2006
Mitra, as with several of the other comments, the best FR I have seen. Just got my FR TDI, and now sorting out some interior accessories. I have the Seat Sport Inner Door Sills, but cannot find any official Seat aluminium / stainless OUTER sill covers in the UK. I notice in one of your pics you have inner & outers attached, where did you get the outer sill covers? Thanks, Rich.

Thanks m8! :) I got the Seat Sport outer sill covers in my dealer. It`s part number: 1P0071510 .

Cheers.

MitraShark

Jul 6, 2006
hm, any news of connecting bluetooth to aftermarket?

Hi. I didn`t have a chance to contact the person who installed my alpine, but i took a photo behind the radio where you can see where the bluetooth is conected. It`s the Aux In cable.

Cheers.

dsc02639mw3.jpg

jlovrek

Dec 16, 2006
Croatia
tnx for the pictures... i know that is connected to aux, but i don't know what cable from bluetooth goes to aux, cause standrad connection is with digital canbus, and my mechanic doesn't know which one pin sends signal...

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise